• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

VIR $10 Entry Fee - REALLY?

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
On the way back from Greensboro,NC,I decided that I'd
finally get over to see VIR (Virginia International Raceway)
to get an idea of the layout.When I got to the gate (3 PM),
I was told that there's a $10 entry fee.I've been to Sears -
Point Raceway,& only had to sign a release to get in.

dklawson

Yoda
Over the years they have handled things in various ways. When there have been "spectator events" they would charge $20 or $30. Club days typically had no charge... but you might have to be a member to get in. For some races (SVRA or VDCA) they weren't expecting spectators. You might get in for free or they might charge $20. It seemed to depend on the will of the guys at the gate and how close it was to the end of the event.

If they were only going to charge you $10... that's great! If you spend the day there you will spend more than that on drinks and food.