• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member saying hi

woodeye3

Freshman Member
I'm Jeff. I live in Oconomowoc WI, not the best climate most of the year, to own a clasic car. Oh well!
I hope this is what you had in mind in the way of an introduction, not too long winded.

I'm 69 and hope to finally have time to get to my toys.

My 1st British car was a very nice and mostly reliable 73 TR6 purchased in 77. Unfortunatly in about 1990 my brother had to sell his 66 XKE roadster, one of the 2 cars I always said I hoped I might own one day (the other is a 63 split window corvett). I couldn't let it get away but it wasn't nearly as nice as the TR6. My wife said only one 2 seater spors car. She's the practicle one. So I sold th TR and drove the Jag for 1 yr, got fedup with it's unreliabilty, and decided to put it aside, and restore it before I used it again. That was almost 30 yrs ago.

Then about 10 months ago a friend was selling a 1960 TR3A that was in mostly very good shape. At least visually. I was afraid I might never get the Jag done so I bought the TR to have a driver and gave it to my wife as a surprise this past mothers day. She loves it but can't reach the pedals, opps! (a project for this winter). I was supposed to get to the Jag this winter, and maybe I still will but I'm descovering some minor isues with the TR which I'd better address 1st to keep peace in the family. So I searched for forums related to british cars and here I am. I'm looking forward to learning about my cars, getting help and advice, and offering help if I can.

One of my other loves is antique wood boats. We use the heck out our 1930 Chris Craft 24' tripple cockpit when the weather permits, but after using it for 25 yrs, it's crying out for another freshening up too. I did a complete restoration when I first acquired it 30 yrs ago.

Looks like my retirement might be busy!

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Jeff

Welcome to the forum.

The Triumph section is very active so you are sure to get plenty of tips, help and advice for the issues you may have on the TR3A. I do not dig around in the Jag section but I am sure you will find all the help you need to get that Jag project back on the road.

Post some photos of the cars.

David

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
We're happy to have you aboard, Jeff! Aside from the British cars, I'd love to see some pictures of that Chris Craft! Love those old wooden boats.