• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

'73 TR6 Adventure

Ribbs

Country flag
Just purchased a 1973 TR6 last Spring. I've always wanted another Triumph to work on since road racing an F Production Spitfire Mk III in the 70's and 80's. Body on the car is rough and it appears that the frame was repaired but not properly, as the gaps on the door jambs are too wide at the top. Anyway, the car could use a frame off restoration but I'm not sure I have the energy and resources. Thankfully, the engine and drive train seem to be in decent shape, despite some fluid leaks. Having fun driving it this Summer however as I slowly make repairs and evaluate my next step.

Glad I found BCF! Looks like a great resource!

Dave Patterson
Outside Dayton OH

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF Dave. You have good taste in Triumphs! I also have a '73 TR6 :encouragement:
Head over to the "Triumph" section of the forum and post any questions you might have.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Dave

Welcome to the forum.

The Triumph section is very active so you are sure to get plenty of tips, help and advice there for your project.

If it drives OK keep driving and doing the repairs as they come up. A frame off restore will expose many rabbit holes to get lost down. Brand new frames are available at considerable cost.

David