• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

One day in the bar

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I was in a bar one day and 2 really large women came in, talking in an interesting accent.

ME “Cool accent, are you two ladies from Ireland?”

One of the Ladies: “It’s Wales, dumbo!”

“Oh, right, so are you two whales from Ireland?”

That’s about as far as I remember.

D

Deleted member 8987

Oh, dear. Now you have the 1981 Rodney Dangerfield Joke Book.

How many of these books do you HAVE?

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
True story. Years ago, I sent some material to Rodney. His agent returned it saying Rodney writes all his own material. I didn't get no respect - no respect. A couple of examples. "I don't wanna say my car is old but when I gave the toll collector a quarter he gave me Five Dollars change." "I went for a swim at the Y last week. They threw me out. Said I left a ring around the pool." I forgot the others. Maybe a good thing.

Country flag
Back the spring before I got out of college I saw Rodney’s shortest stage show, and this isn’t a joke. He came to play a spring one night show and I went with a group of then buddies. Just to the left of the stage as you faced it a couple drunken fraternities had setup, and the minute he came on they started yelling and throwing stuff at him. He started off with jokes like “I remember my first beer”, but with not real security after about 5 minutes he said “I don’t have to put up with this, show’s over”, and walked off. The frat boys were really proud of themselves for chasing him off while the rest of us wondered exactly what was going on. He wouldn’t come back, so we all went back to our dorms/houses/where ever. I’ve wondered over the years if as now older adults any of those guys regret their younger behavior.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Back the spring before I got out of college I saw Rodney’s shortest stage show, and this isn’t a joke. He came to play a spring one night show and I went with a group of then buddies. Just to the left of the stage as you faced it a couple drunken fraternities had setup, and the minute he came on they started yelling and throwing stuff at him. He started off with jokes like “I remember my first beer”, but with not real security after about 5 minutes he said “I don’t have to put up with this, show’s over”, and walked off. The frat boys were really proud of themselves for chasing him off while the rest of us wondered exactly what was going on. He wouldn’t come back, so we all went back to our dorms/houses/where ever. I’ve wondered over the years if as now older adults any of those guys regret their younger behavior.

I honestly can't even comprehend acting that way as a young man (of course I joined the military right out of high school). Had I done something like that and my Combat Medic dad had found out about it, he'd have likely beat some sense into me. I have to wonder if they didn't grow up to be jerks.

Country flag
My father wouldn't have approved either if I acted that way. He might not have boxed my ears, but he would have let me know it was unacceptable behavior.