• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Healey model and year

Lucca

Freshman Member
Hello,
Please indicate if you have idea the model and year of the Healey as per attached pictures.
Vin plates are missing. Is there other body location or frame to look for an id number?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-08-28-23-19-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-08-28-23-19-14.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 191
  • Screenshot_2019-08-28-23-25-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-08-28-23-25-14.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 181

gonzo

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
On first pass this does not appear to be an Austin Healey. Agreed there are styling cues, but the heavy windshield frame, dash configuration, fender side vent(s), floor stamping etc. are not genuine Healey. Can you ascertain if the body is made of fiberglass? Healeys are aluminum. Intrigue though...let us know what else you find. GONZO

RAC68

Darth Vader
Hi Lucca,

It could be a 100/6 but with many customizations. From the limits of the pictures presented, the type of side vents on the car were found on Jaguar roadsters, the dash is oviously not traditional Healey, and the chrome trim was someone's attempt to bling the sides. As far as Gonzo's comments, a plastic body would be a definite negative indicator as the Healey had steel side fenders, doors, and bonnet/boot lids with aluminum center shrouds.

All in all, it could have been a traditional Healey 100/6 from the mid to late 1950s and, if so, could be brought back with work and money.

Good luck,
Ray(64BJ8P1)

red57

Jedi Knight
Country flag
The door shown is a '57 or '58 100-6, the hole in the door for the locking door handle is the clue here and only used on early 100-6 (Longbridge only, I think).

Beyond that, it is hard to know what is modified - the side vent, as Ray said, is non-stock, - possibly Jag or ?, and I agree someone was trying for 'bling' with the side chrome.

Windshield looks stock 100-6, dash is obviously a replacement. Transmission tunnel looks possibly non-stock.

I think it is a 100-6 that was heavily modified at some point in history.

Good news is that, unless filled with bondo, the sill and rear fender dog leg shown look really solid so this may be a real keeper.

Dave

OP
L

Lucca

Freshman Member
I received new pictures.
Please let me know besides vin plates, where can I find body or frame numbers?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-08-30-17-51-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-08-30-17-51-51.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG-20181117-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20181117-WA0003.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 172

healeyblue

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
Definitely a 57 or early 58 Longbridge car. They are the only years to have the hood prop on the left side. Not sure what engine is in that thing now. It is a serious project and based on the modifications that were unlovingly done in its past I can not imagine it is worth much as it sits. The only saving grace would be if it is fairly rust free, but not having a title would negate the value anyways.
Jim

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
I don't think the VIN number is stamped on a 100 6 anywhere but on the VIN plate . Which is NOT on the firewall. It is held on by two screws, easy to remove.

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I have no idea what the engine is, but it's not a Healey engine. The left door is from a 57 or early 58 Longbridge, but the hood, even though the prop rod is on the left side, isn't. It would have a ridge down the center.

red57

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I agree the hood prop is another clue indicating an early 100-6. However....

Are you sure the picture showing the engine is of the same car (or the same time era?) as the other 3 pictures? I ask because in the engine picture I see two un-painted aluminum(?) patches/repairs to the shroud at the rear hood opening - they are formed to fit the contours of the shroud hood opening with one to the rear of the right hood hinge and the other just to the left of the center of the hood opening, both appear 3-4" wide and extending 3-4" rearward from the hood opening. I cannot see any bare un-painted sections of the front shroud in the (admittedly poor) exterior body shots. Not trying to stir a controversy but it seems curious to me and, if it was considering a purchase, I would ask for lots of detailed pictures (I like date stamped pics) before I went any further.

Dave

maxwedge5281

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
not attempting to hijack this thread, but i have two 1959 bn6 healeys. someone mentioned the prop rod and it brought to mind a question. one of the cars has the hood prop on the left and the other has has the prop rod on the right! is there an explanation for this? appreciate any information from the healey sleuth community.

steveg

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I have no idea what the engine is, but it's not a Healey engine. The left door is from a 57 or early 58 Longbridge, but the hood, even though the prop rod is on the left side, isn't. It would have a ridge down the center.

I'm wondering if it may be a jeep or other old American 4 cyl. The structure coming out the front looks like it might go with an obsolete water pump like they used to have attached to the rear of the generator.

CraigC

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Engine looks Triumph TR2/3/4-ish except for the thermostat housing and manifold/carb. Perhaps out of some early Triumph sedan?

OP
L

Lucca

Freshman Member
Thank you Guys for the help!
Any idea what engine is installed?
Also, the find these numbers in the rear shaft 13 111 12 663 14.

Attachments

• IMG-20181117-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20181117-WA0002.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot_2019-09-01-19-33-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-09-01-19-33-47.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 92

bob hughes

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Four cylinder engine with what looks to be a solex down draft carb. on the left hand side of the engine, with the plugs on the right, it sure is a mongrel for a Healey

Give it a miss

:cheers:

Bob

Csarneson

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
I have a 57 100/6 longbridge and mine has a chassis number stamped on to the right side front shock mount plate at the front. If you can find that chassis number then you might be able to find the VIN from the heritage certificate research place. Regardless, that car has been heavily modified. I think it's pretty cool except for that tiny engine.

Chris