• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Best cruise in of the year

Bob Claffie

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Cruise on the closed Main street of Falls village Ct (minutes from Lime Rock Park).. Many of the actual race cars from the vintage races at LRP this weekend. Driven to and from the cruise most licensed for the road and mostly unmuffled. Many Astons, all kinds of AH's and Triumphs, a few Loti , some Jags, a GT40, a Kellison, a Bently , a MB 300 SL roadster,a Turner, multiple Ferraris, Porsches everywhere, Alfa's too. The variety and condition was just mind boggling. This is an annual thing is you're within driving distance of LRP pencil it in for next year.

OP
Bob Claffie

Bob Claffie

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Have the readers of this thread have no imaginations ? I know from the outset I would get flames but proceeded anyway. My excuse: I arrived at the cruise a little late and really didn't anticipate the scope of the cars in attendance. My "good" camera was at home and my phone camera is of marginal quality. Therefore I spent most of the first hour eye balling the cars, most of which I had never seen before. Then the cars began leaving and I ran to each newly fired engine to suck up all the atmosphere as they lined up to depart.

I was a little ? out of my element as this was a wine and cheese crowd and the event was held on Main street in this village with literally multiple hundreds of spectators and entrants including a decent jazz band and vendors for anything you could imagine to eat and drink plus all the local establishments open for business.

It was partially intentional not to do pics to give readers some incentive to go the cruise next year and to be blown away much the same as was I .

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Have the readers of this thread have no imaginations ? I know from the outset I would get flames but proceeded anyway. My excuse: I arrived at the cruise a little late and really didn't anticipate the scope of the cars in attendance. My "good" camera was at home and my phone camera is of marginal quality. Therefore I spent most of the first hour eye balling the cars, most of which I had never seen before. Then the cars began leaving and I ran to each newly fired engine to suck up all the atmosphere as they lined up to depart.

I was a little ? out of my element as this was a wine and cheese crowd and the event was held on Main street in this village with literally multiple hundreds of spectators and entrants including a decent jazz band and vendors for anything you could imagine to eat and drink plus all the local establishments open for business.

It was partially intentional not to do pics to give readers some incentive to go the cruise next year and to be blown away much the same as was I .

Was meant in fun - I've been to shows where I didn't take pictures.
Sorry if you took it personally.

OP
Bob Claffie

Bob Claffie

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Of all the pictures in the previous post, approx the last 40 were taken in the village at the end of the "parade".