• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Experts over time...

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
... not a commentary, just an observation these days.

experts.jpg

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
EXPERT: Ex= has been, PERT= that small drip at the kitchen faucet. :popworm:

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I learned it as "X for the unknown quantity and SPURT for a drip under pressure."

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Give him a briefcase and he’s a consultant.

Oooo that's me - consultant, comes from 100 miles away, borrows your watch, tells you what time it is and keeps the watch. :grin:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Reminds me of one of my favorites:

Difference among engineers, architects, and contractors:

An engineer is one who knows everything about something.

An architect is one who knows something about everything.

A contractor is one who starts out knowing everything about everything, but due to his association with engineers and architects, ends up knowing nothing about anything.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
A man is flying in a hot air balloon and realizes he is lost. He spots a man down below and lowers the balloon to shout: “Excuse me, can you help me? I promised my friend I would meet him half an hour ago, but I don’t know where I am.”

The man below says: “Yes. You are in a hot air balloon, hovering approximately 30 feet above this field. You are between 40 and 42 degrees N. latitude, and between 58 and 60 degrees W. longitude.”

“You must be an engineer” says the balloonist.

“I am” replies the man. “How did you know.”

“Well” says the balloonist, “everything you have told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I am still lost.”

The man below says “You must be a manager.”

“I am” replies the balloonist, “but how did you know?”

“Well”, says the man, “you don’t know where you are, or where you are going. You have made a promise which you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problems. The fact is you are in the exact same position you were in before we met, but now it is somehow my fault.”

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
:emmersed::highly_amused: