Thread: Pages from Porter Spridget Restoration Manual on Seat Recovering, You Tube Videos

Discuss the Austin Healey Sprite and the MG Midget. Two different but similar cars sometimes referred to collectively as the Spridget.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Pages from Porter Spridget Restoration Manual on Seat Recovering, You Tube Videos

I of course can't find my Porter Book on Spridget Restoration. Anyone got a copy who can scan the few pages on SeatCover reinstall as a .pdf and e-mail them to me? As I recall there are some good tips in that book and it's around here somewhere but where right now. Or if there are any good video's on Seat Cover Install.
    Jim Gruber - Apollo Beach, FL
    Bugsy I - '68 Sprite w BE Bonnet - Gone but not forgotten
    Bugsy IV - '60 Bugeye - 1,275+.040 and a 5-Speed - CA Car - 2nd Owner from new - 10/12 Painting done, reassembly, cutting, and buffing in progress.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Re: Pages from Porter Spridget Restoration Manual on Seat Recovering, You Tube Videos

Issue Solved. Thanks to David Doan I got a copy of the 11 pages with pictures on recovering BE Seats. If you need a copy please let me know.
    Bugsy IV - '60 Bugeye - 1,275+.040 and a 5-Speed - CA Car - 2nd Owner from new - 10/12 Painting done, reassembly, cutting, and buffing in progress.

Freshman Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Pages from Porter Spridget Restoration Manual on Seat Recovering, You Tube Videos

Jim,
    What is the Porter book?
    GeorgeinFlagstaff
    54 BN1
    59 AN5

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

George,

Porter Book is a Spridget Restoration Guider. Yellow Cover. Lots of useful restoration and How To Tips

Restoration Manual Sprite/ Midget Lindsay Porter

https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/mg-mid...&idiq=33356469

Here's a used copy for $26.95 . For example 10 really detailed pages and pictures and step by step on redoing BE Seats.

More useful than Horler if you need to know how to fix things.