• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member intro

D J D

Freshman Member
New member introduction
D J DeLong owner of 1961 AH-3000 BT-7. This car has been mine since 1961. Why my parents bought it I have no idea. It carried me through university and graduate school as a chemical engineer. Worked in Ohio and married there. At some point the car needed work but in rural Ohio there was no one to work on it. Plus with two kids no spare cash. So it went up on blocks until we moved to CT in 1974 and again the Healey sat in the garage for years.

A corporate move allowed us to fix up the car so it could be moved to GA in 1990. Still it sat until kids through schooling and marriages.Finally in 2010 after retiring there were funds to have it fully restored in Atlanta by Neil Estes in Decatur. During restoration we uncovered "virgin" paint under dash so this is color matched. It also has new interior from UK with grey/red piping as original.

Now the car has moved to Hilton Head Island, SC where I drive it as often as the weather will allow. It runs flawlessly and sounds like it did when my wife and I dated in the car in 1963. It is like a time machine:joyous:
DSC01302.JPG.jpg

OP
D

D J D

Freshman Member
Long time ago but yes we lived in Weston but moved there from Stamford where we met the Weintraub. Are you still in Stamford?

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to the forum, DJ! You will find we have a very active Austin Healey forum here, so be sure to drop in there and say hello as well.

Basil

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
We're still in Stamford but Hank passed away some years ago (kidney cancer) and Janet moved to Boca Raton, married an older guy who also passed away and she's still there. She still has a house in Chatham on the Cape and we had lunch with her last summer when she was passing through Stamford. I currently have a TR6 and an Alfa Spider. Good luck with the Healey.