• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Supper with Mickey & Janet

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
who had a stopover in Toronto last night.

Between delayed flights and long days and being somewhat under the weather they were two tired wee bears.

Still a good time was had by all albeit a brief time.

No pics but it really did happen!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Cool... it's always nice meeting other BCF'ers

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
So that's why he's gonna dodge us>>
He's stumping in Canada!:sorrow:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
As always, great to see you and Tori; thanks ever so for your hospitality. Sorry I was under the weather, but back in Tennessee now, and almost back to feeling normal again. Great to be home.

And Don - keep me posted on your plans. Need to make it over to meet up!

Mickey

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Mickey - welcome back. Was your trip the break-in cruise for your new motorhome?

No - already did that. This was a trip to Iceland and Scotland. Traveled with Jeff and Jan Zorn (Little British Car Co.) Jan has organized tours for several years now; we went on one with them a couple years ago - Baltic Sea cruise.

Saw the military tattoo at Edinburgh, along with a boat ride on Loch Ness (didn't see Nessie) and went into the Highlands and watched the Highland Games. And yes, I had some haggis!

Iceland is a treat, but we were there only for a couple days. Did see a couple glaciers and plenty of hot springs and geysers. Some fantastic scenery and Reykjavik is a lovely city. Oh, and we went to a goat farm and saw the goats that were in the series Game of Thrones. The country is quite proud of hosting much of the filming.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Sounds like a great trip. I've visited Iceland about five times - learned something new every trip. Once rented a car in Reykjavik (an Opel with four on the floor) and drove the Ring Road around the country. Wanted to see the big Nature Preserve on the south coast, so followed my map until I saw "Veginum lokað" on a side road heading to the mountains. After I got caught on a crumbling single-lane gravel road with ocean on each side ... I learned it didn't mean 'Nature Preserve" - it meant "Road Closed".

Mynd_1222266.jpg

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
No - already did that. This was a trip to Iceland and Scotland. Traveled with Jeff and Jan Zorn (Little British Car Co.) Jan has organized tours for several years now; we went on one with them a couple years ago - Baltic Sea cruise'''.
Mick, our club members usually do those trips with Jeff and Jan.
How is their health

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
They're doing fine. Jeff has some issues with climbing steps, but otherwise still plugging along.