• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Nine Days In May

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
I’ve recently finished this book. I would recommend it to anyone who
was there or has ever wondered what it was like.

It had special meaning to me because several of the soldiers either discussed or interviewed were part of the 3/12th Infantry as was I. Don’t get me wrong I was not directly involved in the action but had spent time at several of the locations mentioned. My duty was Communication Chief at the Battalion level.

Even if you only know a veteran that was involved in combat in Vietnam it will probably give you a better understanding of what they were asked to do and why they are like they are today.

- "Nine Days in May: The Battles of the 4th Infantry Division on the Cambodian Border, 1967"

by Warren Wilkens

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Just got put on my list. Thanks.

OP
Rhodyspit75

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Just got put on my list. Thanks.
I will be interested in what you think of it. My son read it and said it was “f ing horrible “ Not the book but what went on. I think it’s very enlightening.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I will be interested in what you think of it. My son read it and said it was “f ing horrible “ Not the book but what went on. I think it’s very enlightening.

It's likely I already agree with your son. I got a real overview as a USAF photojournalist, '70~'74. Got to be in places and witness things all over S.E.A. late in the 'conflict'. Both TDY and the last year PCS to Ubon, Thailand.

An aside: Tomorrow (15 Aug) will mark 46 years since the "last bombing mission in Southeast Asia". We covered the various sorties, self and two others. Looking back and recalling that day, I will only post that it's my opinion we abandoned the people of South Viet Nam.

Country flag
Of course we did, Doc. A bright on our history.