• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A Revington Roll Bar

Jim_Stevens

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
I can’t vouch for the roll bar, but I will for the company. I’ve been a customer for many years, even stopped by on a detour off a business trip. My front suspension is all RTR. Even bought some used bits from them. Good, honest advice too. And the exchange rate is very good nowadays too!

Jim
TS44743L “O”

Tybalt

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I have bought directly from Revington and some of their stuff that Roadster Factory carried. Direct dealing was very good and quality of products is as well. The only "complaint," and it is a minor one since I have the same "complaint" with several others is that I wish they would use better hardware with some of their kits. I use lots of AN, MS and NAS spec hardware on the cars and I always wind up seeing what these suppliers include and then rounding up better hardware before installation.

OP
mt10flyer

mt10flyer

Country flag
Update. I ordered the roll bar and about a week later there it was on my front porch from jolly ol' England. Fantastic service.

DonP

Country flag
How does the Revington Bar mount? Most of the bars I've looked at require two legs to the floor and another to the wheel arch or the flat shelf behind the seats. The ones with mounts on the floor use up 3 or 4 inches of seat travel and there isn't much seat adjustment to begin with.

OP
mt10flyer

mt10flyer

Country flag
It has two attachments to the wheel arch so I would classify it as non-race worthy to say the least. I think the pic shows it well. For me it is for a little peace of mind and would help keep some clearance in a roll over like in the video...I hope. I did not want to go full race worthy roll cage for the reasons you mention. Downside is I'm 6'3" and the clearance from my head to the bar with the original seats is insufficient so I am having to go with racing seats. They lower my butt enough and have whiplash protection with a high back. Purists would puke, but I want to feel safer. I promise to post pics in the next couple of days. (Actually the pics on the Revington website are what I'm doing, with 4 point belts).

DonP

Country flag
It has two attachments to the wheel arch so I would classify it as non-race worthy to say the least. I think the pic shows it well. For me it is for a little peace of mind and would help keep some clearance in a roll over like in the video...I hope. I did not want to go full race worthy roll cage for the reasons you mention. Downside is I'm 6'3" and the clearance from my head to the bar with the original seats is insufficient so I am having to go with racing seats. They lower my butt enough and have whiplash protection with a high back. Purists would puke, but I want to feel safer. I promise to post pics in the next couple of days. (Actually the pics on the Revington website are what I'm doing, with 4 point belts).

Sounds like what I'm looking for. I'm only 6 foot, but I need as much seat travel as I can get, more for my stomach than my height! LOL, I'm not looking for a race approved roll cage either. Just a little extra steel between my head and the pavement and a place for an eye level LED brake light. I'm looking forward to the pictures when you get it installed. I'm assuming you want it to clear the soft top when you use it too?

PeterK

Yoda
Here's a photo of the cutouts in my tonneau for the roll bar. There is a velcro tab flipped up so you can see it, between the bars that I press together from underneath as well as the short zipper. Cost me $180 for cutout mods 6-7 years ago. Left my 3A with them overnight, inside of course.

Attachments

• TR3A rollbar cutoutP1000971.jpg
    TR3A rollbar cutoutP1000971.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 82