• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

General TR Valvoline VR1

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
A while ago there was a thread about Valvoline VR1 being discontinued so I got all that I could fond at the local O'Reilly stores. They were the only store that had it locally.

Doing an oil change I needed an oil filter for the TR and was in the local O'Reilly where I noticed on the oil display 5 quart jugs of Valvoline VR1 but it has Zinc added on the label.
The sales must have been to get rid of all the old stock before they launched the newly labeled oil.

David

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
If VR-1 is going to be discontinued, it will not be in the near future. Valvoline VR-1 is one of the most recognised names in oils for flat tappet engines and there are a lot of them still around, it would be a fools errand for them to drop it. JMHO. PJ

Harold

Bronze
Country flag
My engine man uses "Delo 400" SAE 30--it has zinc in it--of course here in California Bay area SAE 30 is good year around--

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
I can't find the thread at the moment about VR1 possible being discontinued but I remember the guy at O'Reilly saying it was being discontinued that was why it was on clearance.

David

bunzil

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I can't find the thread at the moment about VR1 possible being discontinued but I remember the guy at O'Reilly saying it was being discontinued that was why it was on clearance.

David

It's still shown on the Valvoline website and I see Amazon has it, case of 6, for $33.00.

bunzil

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
It's still shown on the Valvoline website and I see Amazon has it, case of 6, for $33.00.

I checked directly and Valvoline does not have any plans on discontinuing VR1.