• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

50 years ago today - Recognize this?

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
empty.jpg

Abbey Road, the morning of August 8, 1969.

And now, for the rest of the story:

https://www.beatlesbible.com/1969/08/08/the-abbey-road-cover-photography-session/

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Sergeant Pepper taught the band to play?

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Remember the "Paul is Dead" rumors?

The VW on the final cover with the plate number:
LMW
28 IF

This fueled rumors of his death (he supposedly would have been 28 IF he had lived). I remember also, on the back of the cover, there appeared to be the number "3" comprised of circles in the cement on the wall to the left of the word "Beatles" (Because, after all, with Paul dead, there were only 3 Beatles left). Also, the way each Beatle was dressed was said to have represented a funeral procession with barefoot Paul being the deceased, George in denim was the grave digger. I can't remember what John and Ringo were, but I think one was the "clergy" and one was an usher or pallbearer or some such silliness.

The Sgt Pepper Album was also alleged to have lots of similar signs and, in Strawberry Fields, John is alleged to be saying "I buried Paul" near the end of the song. In an interview years later, Paul insists that what John was actually saying was "Cranberry Sauce." Quite the conspiracy theory.
There have been some "theories" over the years that the Beatles themselves manufactured the rumors for publicity and inserted vague "clues" to keep people interested in the scheme. "Here's another clue for you all...the Walrus was Paul".
For the record, I never bought into these conspiracy theories, but it was fun looking for "clues."

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
And just a bit of morbid trivia - also on this day 50 years ago, actress Sharon Tate (eight and a half months pregnant), Jay Sebring, Abigail Folger, and Voytek Frykowski were murdered by Manson family members. Rosmary and Leno LaBianca were murdered the next night, August 9th.[h=3][/h]

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
And after all that he stands a good chance of being the last Beatle considering Ringo is a couple years older.

Possibly, but Ringo is in darn good shape it seems. George was the youngest but was the second to go (the first from natural causes).

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
:highly_amused:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
That was two years prior.

I beg to differ:

It was twenty years ago today
Sergeant Pepper taught the band to play,
They've been going in and out of style,
But they're guaranteed to raise the smile, :grin:

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Why did the Beatle cross the street?

I was thinking to get to the other side, but I'm sure that's up for debate! :highly_amused:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
What is meant by, "The 5th Beetle"? 5th in design or? Looks like my old 73, only it was Yellow.

Ok, the group is called the Beatles. There are four of them. On the Abby Road album cover, this VW "Beetle" is in the picture - hence "the 5th Beatle/Beetle".

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
... and the Abbey Road studios are just off the left this photo.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
OK, when I get up in the morning I'm a :tyrannosaurus: and it takes a little time until I get my 2nd cup of coffee, I'm a little :abnormal:, after that I'm a :peach: so please excuse the :stupid:! :highly_amused:

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Keep on truckin'...

2019-08-09 18.54.42.jpg