• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Another nightmare repair job

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Brake light burned out on wife's 2002 Accord. Picked up a bulb at Auto Zone and went online to see how to change out. Very simple. Routine job. Changed it out but after a few days, it stopped working. Pulled off the liner again and saw the bulb was not set tight in the plastic socket. Pushed it back in and pushed the socket back in the hole. It didn't go. I pulled it out again and the bulb fell out into an area under the tray that holds the jack. I could not remove the tray because the tool I used to pry up the plastic clips could not be found, so I used my magnetic wand to fish out the bulb (10 minutes time) which fortunately had steel contacts. Tried again. This time, the bulb fell into lens area. I tried to fish it out without success. Looks like the lens will have to come off. My nephew was over and he took the magnetic tool and after 10 minutes, fished out the bulb and carefully slid it through the socket hole without it falling off again. He then showed me the problem - the socket was broken on one side. I drove to NAPA, the closest parts place. No dice. Called the Honda dealer. Parts man said "Good luck with that one". He could order one - $28.50. Nephew said "Bring me some duct tape". He cut a small strip, wound it around the socket, slid in the bulb and voila - he put the socket in the hole and managed to turn it 1/4 turn clockwise to lock it. I didn't have the finger strength to turn it. Mission accomplished - but not by me. Now, all I have are purple marks all over my arms from coumadin. You're better off with a TR3 when it comes to parts.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
We could probably start a thread to chronicle many pages of stories where a "simple" repair turned into a major headache. Glad this one had a relatively happy ending.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Glad at least it got done.

We could probably start a thread to chronicle many pages of stories where a "simple" repair turned into a major headache. Glad this one had a relatively happy ending.

"I got a million of 'em!" :excitement:

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
... "I got a million of 'em!" :excitement:

Jimmy_durante_1964.jpg