• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Youtube to the rescue

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I mowed my lawn on Friday with my John Deere 332 tractor. Got all done and shut off the blades via the switch on the dash that controls the electric clutch for the mower deck, then drove it back to the garage to park it. While heading back I saw a section of grass that I missed... no problem, just engage the blades and mow the small area. I flipped the switch and NOTHING! The clutch would not engage.
I checked the switch and it was fine. Before heading to the JD dealer and shell out approx. $300 I decided to check the net for advise.
Found a youtube video that someone made showing exactly how to adjust the clutch and solve the problem. After about 20 mins with a feeler gauge and a wrench the clutch is now working! Sorry John Deere I won't be getting a new clutch just yet.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
YouTube has saved my bacon more times than I can count! I've probably save enough to buy another little British car from doing ion myself with YouTube's help.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Replaced the mother-board of our refrigerator with on-line instructions/video... and the starter battery on my wife's Prius... and the main control board on our dryer. Ain't the interweb-tubes grand!

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Giving back. Good for you.
Would "Deep Creep" work better than WD-40?
Deep Creep.... sounds like my ex employer :rolleye:

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Deep Creep.... sounds like my ex employer :rolleye:

Oops. Just deleted that post as a repeat of what's in the other forum
(while you were posting this).
Hehehehe... yes, could be the enemy of anybody. Real Creep... deep... whatever. :playful: