• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Laptop Screen Brightness Control

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Couldn't figure out why my screen looked dull compared to my other computers, so started asking questions on the net and of course many reply's were in order. Problem was, none of them worked. After many tries and errors, I decided to contact Microsoft. I found out that this NEW HP laptop did not have the latest display driver installed! Microsoft support updated the driver to a 2018 version and installed it in the computer and the screen really brightened up and now is fully controllable. :encouragement: The driver that was in the machine was dated 2006! Somebody messed up along the line somewhere. :censored:

All's well that ends well. :applause: