• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Whole project must go

JimLaney

GONE NOW: Now FREE to a good home: At 75 I find I have more projects than time. I must get rid of my project cars to make room to work in my shop. This forum has been very helpful to me and I am hoping someone here will love them and “take them to raise.”

In 2016, I purchased two MK III sprites (1966 and 1967) and all related parts from someone I know. I have documentation for both cars (bills of sale and prior registrations).

Now FREE to a good home: would need to pick up the whole lot at my house outside of Huntsville, Alabama. I will assist in loading and insuring that all parts are included.

Lots of pictures are in a Google album here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/FFKASBigdmpjuYCV8
Call or text me at two five six 565 three, one, one, two or email spiritdancin at yahoo dot com

Last edited:

twas_brillig

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I'm 73, and sympathise.
Back in the day, I figured time/money/energy: if you had two, you could get things done. Now I realize that one of the two HAS to be 'energy' - time and money just doesn't do it alone, unless you are wealthy enough that you can hire everything out. These days I've got more money than time (according to our financial guy -something about being too 'mature' for wine, women, and/or song); and more time than energy, but even the time is running out. We're moving to getting various projects wrapped up, and have finally started finding new homes for stuff.
Wish you well

OP
JimLaney

JimLaney

Thanks for your support.
I am maintenance guy for IT (home network and devices) at our house (20 acres, two story house, 2000 sqft shop, ect) as well as mechanic for cars, trucks, motorcycles, mowers, generators and anything else. I am working half time at Univ Alabama Huntsville Art Dept, and just renewed my small business license. Design and build steel, stone and wood items for homes.
Thank goodness my wife is the gardener!

Your assessment is right on target: without energy, nothing will get done. I'm having to curb my desire to do everything myself.

OP
JimLaney

JimLaney

Re: Whole project must go: NOW FREE TO GOOD HOME

GONE NOW: Cannot bring myself to send my cars to junk yard. Come get them and all the parts and they are yours.
check out classifieds for contact info.

Last edited:

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag

Jim, I’m out of the country and would love to have your projects. Can you wait about 10 days?
Thanks, Rut

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
And Rut lives near you. He needs more stuff to work on in his “dotage”! He’ll give them a good home.

OP
JimLaney

JimLaney

Jim, I’m out of the country and would love to have your projects. Can you wait about 10 days?
Thanks, Rut
Sure Rut, I can wait for you. Thanks!

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Jim,
PM sent.
Rut

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
These are the kinds of things that make me want to jump, but I'm so knee deep in my own projects that I don't have the time, space or money to take them on. I'm sure someone will take them.

OP
JimLaney

JimLaney

Going to check into vehicle donation program at public radio. Not sure what the will take and what not.

nomad

Yoda
Those are my favorite vintage! Have three already but if you weren't so darn far away I'd be there in a flash. Course my project's now are dragging and I'm 71.

Kurt

Branson

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Man I could use a straight pair of front fenders and some misc. odds and ends for my '65. Do you still have the parts available or is it all gone?

OP
JimLaney

JimLaney

My Bad....All parts and cars GONE NOW