• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello to all,

Kiff

Freshman Member
I'm in Warner Robins, Ga and just starting to look for a MGBGT. I had a 1967 and a little later, a 1970 MGBGT and they were a lot of fun to drive. The 67 was red and in near perfect condition in the mid 70s when I had it. The 1970 was green and looked great, no rust or anything, but it always seemed to need something, brake cylinders, throw out bearing, carbs wouldn't stay in sync, but still, fun to drive. I don't think the 1967 had over drive, but the 1970 did and it made a nice difference.

Anyway, I'm looking for tips on what problems to look for since the cars are about 45 years older now than they were then. I've been watching Craigslist and Autotrader, but most seem to have been restored and they're looking for big bucks, $10k plus in a lot of cases.

Thanks for the add,

Kiff

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Kiff, welcome and I see you have already discovered the classifieds. Good luck in your search and remember, MGs are like buses (even Gts) there is always another one coming along - so get a good one!

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Kiff

Welcome to the forum

Check out the MG section of the forum for tips on MGs for sale.

I live in Macon a few miles from Warner Robins and am a member of a British car group there. It is on Face Book. British Auto Owners Group of Middle Georgia. A post there may get you some help finding a local MG.

David