• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Private Messages

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
All the years on this site, I've never clicked on the private message link, actually I never paid any attention to it, don't know why, I guess because of the small print in the narrow band, I just never noticed it. I opened it this morning and found a ton of messages to me from the past that I never acknowledged, my apologies to the authors of those messages. My goodness, clear back to 2013! I will check it in the future! :encouragement: PJ

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
All the years on this site, I've never clicked on the private message link, actually I never paid any attention to it, don't know why, I guess because of the small print in the narrow band, I just never noticed it. I opened it this morning and found a ton of messages to me from the past that I never acknowledged, my apologies to the authors of those messages. My goodness, clear back to 2013! I will check it in the future! :encouragement: PJ

Actually if you check it in the present, it will go well, if you check it in the future it may be too late again.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Paul- You should also get notification of a private email forwarded to your email account on file with the BCF.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Paul- You should also get notification of a private email forwarded to your email account on file with the BCF.

But that's only if you've set up your BCF account to do that.

Top of page, click Settings, then General Settings on left side.

Scroll down to Messaging and Notification.

Email Notification of New Private Messages: *Receive*

Save Changes.

Hope this helps.
Tom M.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
One track mind on a multi track system! Like multi tasking on a worn out computer, takes a little longer to get things moving! :excitement:

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Well, the huge check I sent you (for being a nice guy) has long since expired. :highly_amused:

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Yeah,but I sent him one TWICE as big!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
This discussion prompted my to make a tutorial. Everything you wanted to know about PMs but were afraid to ask.