• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Miracles do happen

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
My youngest son and daughter-in-law are expecting a baby any day now (if it doesn't come before the 31st July they are inducing labor). They currently live in a one bedroom efficiency apartment as that's all they could afford. We have been looking for something bigger that was affordable for them and wasn't in a bad part of town (and there are lots of bad parts of town here). Most of the 2 bedroom apartments we found were either much more than they could afford or they were dumps in the "war zone." We were getting desperate to find a decent place before the baby comes and the families on both sides have been praying like crazy for something to come along!

Well, our prayers were answered. Two days ago, we saw an ad for a 2 bedroom double-wide trailer set up in the nicest trailer community in town! This isn't your typical trailer park - this is a really nice community that has no through streets (which cuts down on traffic). This place originally went on the market for $49k, but because the sellers were anxious to sell due to medical issues, they kept lowering the price for quick sell. The day we saw the ad the price had just been drastically reduced to $28k! Myself and one of her aunts went to see it and wow! It's an older trailer, but the elderly couple who owned it had really maintained it well and they had done over $25,000 in upgrades (all documented). Things like a third room built onto one side of the trailer (very well done - looks like it was part of the home not an after thought.); new roof; all the doors replaced with much nicer doors; all the windows replaced with Anderson Double Pane windows, all fairly new appliances; new AC (central air); new furnace, and an enclosed garage. It even has supplemental solar power and a nice little garden shed in the back.

We all agreed that we had to get this place for the kids! It was a no brainer. They will only need to pay the lot rental, which is only slightly more than what they were paying for their current apartment. This is the perfect solution for them with a new baby (and there is a nice little park with a playground about 100 yards from their front door).

Miracles do happen!

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Sounds like the main miracle was having you & your wife as parents!

Nice find, BTW. I've been surprised the past few times I've stopped in Albuquerque, seems like it's gone downhill a lot in the past 10 or 20 years. Am I just stopping in the wrong part of town?

Didn't go that way this year, decided it was worth the extra miles to go the northern route and perhaps avoid some of the heat.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Sounds like the main miracle was having you & your wife as parents!

Nice find, BTW. I've been surprised the past few times I've stopped in Albuquerque, seems like it's gone downhill a lot in the past 10 or 20 years. Am I just stopping in the wrong part of town?

Didn't go that way this year, decided it was worth the extra miles to go the northern route and perhaps avoid some of the heat.

We'll thanks, but we truly believe a lot of prayers from many people helped too. There are definitely certain parts of town that have gone down hill more than other areas. This place is in the part of town with much nicer homes and lower crime rates (not no crime, just less).