• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I'm going to enjoy my new Hasselblad

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Well you can get TWO for FREE. All you have to do is pick them up....

After the successful shooting on 21 July 1969, the Hasselblad was hoisted up to the lunar lander with a line. Securely removing the film magazines, both cameras with lenses were left behind on the Moon in order to meet narrow weight margins for successful return.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
wasn't he in Baywatch?

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Well you can get TWO for FREE. All you have to do is pick them up....

After the successful shooting on 21 July 1969, the Hasselblad was hoisted up to the lunar lander with a line. Securely removing the film magazines, both cameras with lenses were left behind on the Moon in order to meet narrow weight margins for successful return.

Sweet! I'll start working on my rocket today!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
D

Deleted member 8987

Seen one or two originals. Held one. Closest I got back then was my Rolleiflex.
Nice camera, mind pharts when moving back and forth with an SLR.

But, a digital back. Rumours have persisted for so long my head hurts about digital bits for our old film SLR's and whatever. I really hate to see camera bodies and all those lenses go away. Tried to find the refernce in DP mentioned below about a digital back for the SLR laying in a drawer..haven't yet, but I will.

Sure this isn't "The Onion"?

Last edited by a moderator:

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
On DP Review, I saw that a company "I'm back" is making a digital back for the Hasselblad. Much negative comment. They also allegedly have one for that old film SLR residing in your bottom drawer.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Did a lot of work with 'blads and Bronicas over the years. Studio portraiture and weddings. Never owned one myself, tho. My medium format cameras were Mamiya TLR's. Lens interchangeability was the deciding factor there. And of course, money.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Did a lot of work with 'blads and Bronicas over the years. Studio portraiture and weddings. Never owned one myself, tho. My medium format cameras were Mamiya TLR's. Lens interchangeability was the deciding factor there. And of course, money.

I was tempted to buy a Hasselblad point and shoot, until I discovered it was really nothing more than a Sony RX100 in a fancier case.

This: https://www.ebay.com/itm/HARD-TO-FI...903642?hash=item444164d65a:g:c~8AAOSwKN1c~D2f

Is nothing more than a dressed up Version 1 Sony RX100 which can be had for under $300 all day long.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Not much advantage to a larger digital camera format camera IMHO. Bulky, clumsy things with not much in R.O.I. If you were doing ad shots and studio work, maybe. Just get more glass and goodies for your Canon. :thumbsup:

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I have a Cannon SLR that I inquired about a digital back for it and was told there's none! That was about 2 years ago, maybe someone has developed one by now, or I got the wrong information in the beginning. I love that camera and have 4 extra lenses for it, but I'm not into processing 35mm film anymore. PJ

D

Deleted member 8987

I have a Cannon SLR that I inquired about a digital back for it and was told there's none! That was about 2 years ago, maybe someone has developed one by now, or I got the wrong information in the beginning. I love that camera and have 4 extra lenses for it, but I'm not into processing 35mm film anymore. PJ

which was my understanding...not only is none but no digital camera manufacturer wants folks to re-use older technology and cut into their PROFITS.

Look at the link in my last post. Look at the photos. Drop your camera into the box, which overall appears to be at least 4X bigger than the original camera, and take your photos.
Things I read up on indicate the picture quality just is not there doing it like this.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
My Contax 139 was always my go to camera. I liked the fact that you could get interchangeable mirrors. I used a mirror with grid lines when I did slide work.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Not much advantage to a larger digital camera format camera IMHO. Bulky, clumsy things with not much in R.O.I. If you were doing ad shots and studio work, maybe. Just get more glass and goodies for your Canon. :thumbsup:

I agree. In reality, I've not run into any shooting situation where I thought, "gee, I wish I had a medium frame camera." But...I'd still love to have one if they weren't so danged expensive.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I wonder if my lenses would fit a new Cannon digital SLR. I'm not a camera buff, so it might be a dumb question. The telephoto lens has an automatic focus setting if needed, which I used due to my eyes not being the best. It was expensive at the time, reason I'd like to see if it would adapt to a new camera. :confused: PJ

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I wonder if my lenses would fit a new Cannon digital SLR. I'm not a camera buff, so it might be a dumb question. The telephoto lens has an automatic focus setting if needed, which I used due to my eyes not being the best. It was expensive at the time, reason I'd like to see if it would adapt to a new camera. :confused: PJ

Not a dumb question/ Possibly with an adaptor, depending on which lens mount you have and which Camera you are trying to mount it to. The Canon EF Mount, for example, came out in 87 as a digital camera only mount. It has been the standard for years for digital untill recently. Canon has now introduced a new mount, the R Mount, for their new line of digital "mirrorless" cameras. The EF mount can me mounted to the new "R" cameras with an adaptor. Similarly my Canon T-70 Film camera uses an old "FD" mount, but those old FD lenses can be mounted to my EF-Mount digital camera with an adaptor. (I've not tried it).

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Not a dumb question/ Possibly with an adaptor, depending on which lens mount you have and which Camera you are trying to mount it to. The Canon EF Mount, for example, came out in 87 as a digital camera only mount. It has been the standard for years for digital untill recently. Canon has now introduced a new mount, the R Mount, for their new line of digital "mirrorless" cameras. The EF mount can me mounted to the new "R" cameras with an adaptor. Similarly my Canon T-70 Film camera uses an old "FD" mount, but those old FD lenses can be mounted to my EF-Mount digital camera with an adaptor. (I've not tried it).

Thanks Basil, something I'm going to check on. PJ

Last edited: