• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Elon Musk wants to what?

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Maybe I should do this - my brain is still running Windows Vista :glee:

windows_brain.png

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Yep... the coming androids. I'm lockin' my door. :eek:

D

Deleted member 8987

and sticking with XP.
The smartestmanonearth tried a couple of years ago to have the I-5 corridor from Olympia to Canadian border mandated and driverless cars only.

Ignoring OTR trucks. Busses. Vacationers. Died, but you know it's not gone.

Oh, but I'll smoke a joint on TV and all will be fine, right?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Oooo I saw this movie!

Country flag
Hook it up to the politicians, there will be plenty of bandwidth left over for gaming...

But I do wonder about those who are only โ€œsuperhumanintelligenceโ€ away from being Bond
or cartoon super criminalsโ€ฆ

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I still maintain that one day soon, everyone will be implanted with a chip at birth containing everything known about the individual - his DNA, family background, etc. I believe dogs already are. Remember, you heard it here.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
There's no doubt Elon is a dreamer; but a lot of his dreams have panned out pretty good and I think there is more to come. Others have also worked on various forms of man-machine interface, but usually to replace some deficiency (like enabling the deaf to hear, blind to see, etc.)

Anyone remember hearing Stephen Hawking speak? That was a man-machine interface (granted a very crude one). He had "Lou Gehrig's" disease, which is "rare", but there are some 15,000 Americans living with it today. Hundreds of thousands have regained their hearing with cochlear implants, another crude man-machine interface.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Anyone remember hearing Stephen Hawking speak? That was a man-machine interface (granted a very crude one). He had "Lou Gehrig's" disease, which is "rare", but there are some 15,000 Americans living with it today. Hundreds of thousands have regained their hearing with cochlear implants, another crude man-machine interface.

Interesting too that Hawking became so associated with that early electronic voice that when he was given a choice to change it, he didn't want to.