Thread: What's wrong at The Roadster Factory?

Discussions of Triumph motor cars

Luke Skywalker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What's wrong at The Roadster Factory?

In the middle of June I ordered a condensor and points from them. What I received was the blue wire condensor instead of the uprated yellow wire condensor.(I was told the that the blue wire one was the same as the yellow wire one?) In the box marked points was a voltage regulator? I phoned TRF and they said they would mail me a set of points on July 8 and I and I would not have to send the the voltage stabalizer back. OK sounds reasonable as sometimes mistakes are made. So I received the set of points today,July18th and there is only a half set of points in the box????
    Has TRF hired stock room employees,perhaps summer student help, that are unfamiliar with auto parts or is someone trying to sabatoge their operation?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Re: What's wrong at The Roadster Factory?

There probably is a state of change and confusion since the death of Charles.

I am sure you have already done this but be sure discuss with TRF all the problems you have had and how unhappy you are. Things won't get better if problems are not brought to the front and discussed.
    Doug L.
    '64 Morris Mini Cooper-S 1275
    '67 Triumph GT6 Mk1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The blue wire condensers ARE uprated ones, sourced from the USA. So there should be no worries about that particular part.

Jedi Hopeful
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

From what I know, the Roadster Factory's ownership and direction is in limbo until July 31st since Charles didn't leave a will.

The Coventry Inn (owned by Charles) just went onto market.

Albert, Charles' son, has been running TRF since December, unable to make any changes or changes in the company until the legal stuff is resolved. Even their Summer Bash is on hold until the shysters get done talking (no offense to any lawyers on this board).

Charles' beloved collection of cars (in the TRF museum) are also on the block. My deepest fear is that everything gets liquidated and the big three become the big two, but don't let me start rumors. I don't know other than in May Albert told me that the company was in a holding pattern until the estate got settled. There's at least a fair amount of family working there. I am personally hoping that nothing changes other than they get bigger. At one point they were contemplating adding upholstery to their list of services and taking back the rebuild business.
    I must keep telling myself, it's a journey, not a race...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I bet 2 hours and this thread is killed...any takers?
    John

1955 TR2

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I'm not deleting this thread, but I am going to lock it. As others have said, there is likely a lot of turmoil going on due to the unfortunate death of the owner. Just an unfortunate fact that the family left behiind has to deal with. One of our long-standing guidlines here (see rule 7) is to try and resolve vendor issues with the vendor directly. Sounds like you are doing all the right things and I imagine they will try to make it right, but as Doug suggests, be sure to let them know all that as transpired.

Basil
    “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” - Oscar Wilde

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Basil For This Useful Post:

hit_n_miss  (07-21-2019)