• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Use of deadly force authorized

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
You've probably heard about the idiotic Facebook campaign in which people are signing up by the thousands and pledging to "storm Area 51" (part of Nellis Test Range) to see if Aliens are being kept there (I said it was idiotic). I've worked at Nellis Range and can assure you, those signs that warn that "deadly force authorized" if you trespass, are not a joke. I hope people who have signed up for this come to their senses. Even if they don't get shot, there is a LOT of unexploded ordinance on that range and, on a good day, wandering around on the range is very dangerous.

Country flag
I won't be there. I refuse to believe that aliens can build spaceships, cross trillions of miles of space and radiation, and get tripped up by the parking at the end of the journey and get captured/killed...

D

Deleted member 8987

I won't be there. I refuse to believe that aliens can build spaceships, cross trillions of miles of space and radiation, and get tripped up by the parking at the end of the journey and get captured/killed...

unless Lucas built their landing computers......

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I’ll be wearing my aluminum foil hat. The aliens will think I’m with them.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
You've probably heard about the idiotic Facebook campaign in which people are signing up by the thousands and pledging to "storm Area 51" (part of Nellis Test Range) to see if Aliens are being kept there (I said it was idiotic). I've worked at Nellis Range and can assure you, those signs that warn that "deadly force authorized" if you trespass, are not a joke. I hope people who have signed up for this come to their senses. Even if they don't get shot, there is a LOT of unexploded ordinance on that range and, on a good day, wandering around on the range is very dangerous.

I hear that these loons are now up to a million in number. Ah, the "power" of nonsensical social media. :sorrow:

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Kind of like the guy in Brad Paisly's video -
"I'm So Much Cooler Online".
Couldn't get the video to link (again).

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I understand that there's a space ship coming to take away the believers! I think their waiting for cooler weather :rolleyes2:
Reminds me of-View attachment 59690

dklawson

Yoda
I hear that these loons are now up to a million in number. Ah, the "power" of nonsensical social media. :sorrow:

On The Daily Show earlier this week, Trevor Noah commented that the military had nothing to worry about. One million people may have signed up but only 7 people will show up.

Country flag
But maybe if they show up they’d find some little green dude walking aroundthe area saying, β€œ I’m going to blow up the Earth, with my Illudium Q-36Explosive Space Modulator”.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Obliquely related somehow:
alien landing.jpg

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I understand that there's a space ship coming to take away the believers! I think their waiting for cooler weather :rolleyes2:
Reminds me of-View attachment 59690

An interesting bit of (sad) trivia: Remember the Heaven's Gate Cult that was run by that nut job Applewhite? Remember how all those people committed mass suicide, thinking the mother ship (Hale-Bopp Comet) was going to take them away? Well, Nichelle Nichols' (Uhura on Star Trek) brother Thomas was among the cult members who took their lives back in 1997.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Speaking of little green men, this story from the Great Falls Tribune recounts an incident that happened over the Missile sits in Montana in November of 75. I've posted this before but it's been awhile. Anyway, I was on duty at the NORAD 24th Air Defense Command at Malmstrom AFB the night this happened. I was a maintenance man on the NORADE SAGE Computer system. For years, until it was declassified, I was not able to talk about it. The morning after this event, I remember two officers, I think from NORAD HQ (Colorado Springs), came and took the Master Operational Recording Tapes (MORT), never to be seen again. To this day I have no clue what the objects were, but I clearly remember that were doing maneuvers (according to our radar tracks) that would be impossible for any known aircraft. Ain't saying it was aliens, but something very strange did happen that night/ morning. (This incident was featured on Unsolved Mysteries TV show). (By the way, the article says the pilots returned without making contact - let's just say that's not entirely accurate from my recollection of listening to the controllers talking to the pilots). This really did happen.

UFO_buzz1.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I'm not going.... I've already met the alien back in the 60's.

My_Favorite_Martian_Ray_Walston_1963.JPG

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
How come them Flying Saucers always appear over virtually uninhabited areas instead of over places where most of us live? Huh?