• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Waynes

Freshman Member
I have owned Austin Healeys, various Lotus models and several MG models over the years. I recently finished the engine rebuild of my 1967 Healey 3000 that I have owned since 1985.

Wayne

Duane3

Freshman Member
I have had 3,, 1965,,,ran great,,, 1978,, got tboned in that one guy ran a red light and hit me at 40 miles..I only had 6 weeks and ordered it special.. they would not total it and it would not set on all four wheels... it was a disaster... When the car was supposedly done,, found out that they did not use any primer under the paint..and it was all down hill from there...I cannot prove it but I think my agent was getting money under the table to give this body shop business.it was a mess and almost bit it..The guy was 70 mm judge was 70,,I did not have a prayer in court ,,19 years old.. said they wrote the ticket wrong for him so he got off,, it was a mess..made me sick,, now I have a 1980 spit.. looks pretty good...runs good , my wife bought it for me for my birthday.. got a 200 watt stereo ,,it is awesome.. music nut..but got a leak tranny seal,, hence the drain plug I have never seen anything like it ,, I used to build harleys , changed fliuds all the time.. it still has me baffled.. tap fine.. ordered new plug ,, half way then no go,, do not get it.oh well..take care..buy the way when I bought my78 I also bought a 1978 Triumph bonneville 750 bike.. beautiful bike.. it was a runner..

thomaspanton

Freshman Member
Hello Waynes, welcome and congrats that rebuild of your engine is finished and also hope that you back to ride soon.
Thanks