• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

On Crossing Roads

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
chickcrossingroad.jpg

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
And then there's cats - they get 3/4 of the way across a river,
then then realize they won't make it,so they turn around.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I ordered a chicken and an egg from Amazon

I'll keep you posted

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Squirrels are worse. Hence the expression "getting squirrelly" when applied to a car's handling. Actually squirrels do in fact run back and forth to confuse chasing predators. Squirreliest car I ever had was my 1955 Renault 4CV. Second was my 1957 Porsche coupe. Third was a tie between two VW Beetles and two Corvairs. Note - all rear engined.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
They were fun to drive. Play pitch and catch going around a corner, especially the Porsche. Not so much fun when you let off the gas pedal in the middle of a turn. Not recommended. And always remember to put about 10 lbs. more air in the rear tires. Many Corvair owners didn't - many died, including Ernie Kovacs. I also had heavy-duty shocks on both of mine - early models without the transverse spring like the '64. From 1965 on, they had a whole new setup - what they should have had from the beginning but they cheaped out. There's a '66 maroon convertible for sale near me. He's been trying to sell it for about a year. I'm tempted - but where the **** am I going to put it? My garage is full.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
My first car was a '62 Monza back in '68. Loved it!

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
They were fun to drive. Play pitch and catch going around a corner, especially the Porsche. Not so much fun when you let off the gas pedal in the middle of a turn. Not recommended. And always remember to put about 10 lbs. more air in the rear tires. Many Corvair owners didn't - many died, including Ernie Kovacs. I also had heavy-duty shocks on both of mine - early models without the transverse spring like the '64. From 1965 on, they had a whole new setup - what they should have had from the beginning but they cheaped out. There's a '66 maroon convertible for sale near me. He's been trying to sell it for about a year. I'm tempted - but where the **** am I going to put it? My garage is full.

Wonderful cars. You sure there is no room?

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I'll help you out.I'll come by with my truck & trailer,
& haul one of away - for FREE!