• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Passing of Marty Jansen

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Marty Jansen, manufacturer of the Jule Enterprises Healey frame and member of this forum as frameman passed away on Friday, July 12. Here is his obituary: https://www.mckersie-kocher.ca/memorials/Jansen-Martin/3922843/ His knowledge and frienship will be missed by all he came in contact with in the Healey world.

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
He will definitely be missed. We met him for the first time at the Memphis car show many years ago and always enjoyed seeing him.

OP
HealeyRick

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
From Marty's site:

[h=1]We have some big news to share![/h][h=4]As of April 1, 2019, Martin “the Frame Man” Jansen, will be retiring. Although Martin will be hanging up his tools, he is very excited that his son, Joel, will be taking over the business. We will be restructuring as Joel will be focusing on the Jule frame. The chassis installation video that Martin filmed and shares his extensive knowledge and years of experience will be available for sale. Please explore our site and see why the Jule frame is the right choice.[/h][h=3][/h][h=4]A message from Martin:[/h][h=4]I started this company over 30 years ago and have worked hard to build a solid reputation for making the #1 replacement chassis for the Austin Healey in the world. While I look fondly on these years, meeting great people, traveling all over North America, and building some outstanding cars, I am so happy that my son can carry on my legacy. I have passed on my love for cars to him and know that he will continue to make the Jule frame the best choice for you and your family.[/h][h=4]Thank you for the business, the friendship, and as always, happy Healeying,[/h][h=4]Marty[/h]

HealeyPassion

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I will personally miss the long conversations Marty and I would have about EFI conversions... among other things. He was a wealth of information and fun to chat with. At the Galena Conclave our wives gave up on us... talking for hours about efi approaches. About a year ago, I call him on a phone without International calling... that mistake cost me over $300....oooppsss.. We (Lin Rose and I) talked of getting together with Marty in Florida in March but his health had deteriorated and he couldn't make it...he had a home in Florida.

Rest in peace my friend.

Steve

RAC68

Darth Vader
I will truely miss Martin. Though I hadn't met him in person, he passed on insights and clarified perspectives on the subject we both loved, the big Healey through our phone conversations and emails.

May God bless Martin and his Family,
Ray(64BJ8P1)

blueskies

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Condolences to the family and friends. I never met Martin, but did speak to him several times on the phone. He took the time and had the patience to speak with strangers like me, and I appreciated that. The last time I spoke to him (probably in the fall of 2017), I was interested in buying a frame. If I recall correctly, he said that he was off to Florida for the winter but hoped to be back working after that. Glad to hear that the business will carry on.

DerekJ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Martin was the first Healey person I met. I was living in Toronto and needed someone to do an inspection of a Tri carb for me. A colleague recommended Martin. I ended up buying a 100-Six from a friend of Martin’s who had restored it two years earlier using a Jule frame. Great guy, great memories and great frame.

Lin

Jedi Knight
Gold
Country flag
Unfortunately I knew this day was coming. So sad. Marty was one of a kind and I loved being around him. My boys and I visited his shop next to his home in 2002. He then came to Virginia to pick up my car to install the new frame. It was quite a site going up the driveway in the back of a pick up. He then delivered the car once complete. Good memories for sure. I will miss him. Lin
Martin Jansen Picking up the Healey 10-20-2002 2.jpg
Marty Jansen Delivering Healey .jpg

RestoreThemAll

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I delivered my rusted out BJ7 for a new Jule chassis and some metal work on the body panels. We went to an early lunch. By the time we finished talking we'd eaten dinner eight hours later. Two meals, never left the restaurant. I came away with so much AH and car knowledge that I'll use for a life time. Fun stories to. One of a kind. I spoke with Marty a couple of times this year. I'll miss our chats.

Griz

Jedi Hopeful
So sorry to hear this news. I never had the honor of meeting Marty, but I did talk to him a few times. I bought my BJ7 project with a Jule frame already installed under it. I called Marty with a few questions, and I still remember him saying that when I get to the point of hanging the wings and doors, go ahead the set all the gaps even because, "My frames don't sag!"

Rest in peace dear sir,
Griz

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I think I can safely say I have one of the last few full superstructure’s that Marty built . Its for my Tri-Carb project .
I delivered the rusted hulk to Marty and he hand delivered the new one exactly when he said he would for the price he said.
Very genuine guy who loved Healeys
We had a long lunch that day I dropped of the hulk and he even stayed over the evening that he delivered the new one so he could meet with our club members and do a show and tell as to why he did Healeys his way .
Nothing was too much trouble for him .
RIP Marty .
A sad loss to the Healey faithful .