• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Joe, New Member Washington DC

GSCMJOE

Freshman Member
Well I took the plunge and bought my first British automobile, 1978 MG Midget that runs!
In the past restored three VW Beetles, 1970 Convertible, 1971 Beetle and currently have a restored 1972 Super Beetle.
I will be seeking out your expertise in areas that maybe unfamiliar to me.
I am open to any suggestions about this new Midget you may have and will share my expertise s a helicopter mechanic USAF 8 years and the remaner of my military career until retirement as an engineer aboard 6 UN ships.

Thank you!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
A British car that runs - well you're off to a good start! :emmersed:

Seriously, welcome to BCF! You will find plenty of help and Camaraderie in our MG forum here!

OP
G

GSCMJOE

Freshman Member
Thank you. Worked on USAF helicopters for 8 years and an engineer on USN ships until I retired. I am still employed for a defense contractor in Washington DC.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Thank you. Worked on USAF helicopters for 8 years and an engineer on USN ships until I retired. I am still employed for a defense contractor in Washington DC.

Well we have similar backgrounds then. I was USAF for 24 years, then worked for a Def. Contractor for another 20. Now happily retired (and boy I don't miss the commute every day!)

Country flag
Welcome to the Forum, and good luck with the DC traffic!