• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hey Mickey

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
GAWD! I thought you were gonna post that song.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
What song would that be?
I think he’s talking about this one but I couldn’t find the β€œolder” version :rolleye:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Man, some really complex lyrics there:jester:

D

Deleted member 8987

Probably one of my favorites....first heard on the AM radio while stationed in Charleston South Carolina in the early 70's.
Trust me, there are "unauthorized" verses that I won't post.

*CLICK!*
Spoken: Good morning, friends, this is the Hour of Reckoning. Sung: Hello, friends and neighbors,
How do you do?
We're here to pick and sing
And we hope we bring
Some happiness to you. Spoken: Hallelujah, friends and neighbors, here we are from Del Rio, Texas, every morning at five-thirty AM, brought to you by... by... the Pink and Pleasant Plastic Icon Company of Del Rio, Texas, every morning at five-thirty AM in the morning (hallelujah). Friends, now we have word for you from our sponsor, the Pink and Pleasant Plastic Icon Company of Del Rio, Texas (hallelujah)... Sung: I don't care if it rains or freezes
's long as I've got my Plastic Jesus
Glued to the dashboard of my car.
You can buy Him phosphorescent
Glows in the dark, He's Pink and Pleasant,
Take Him with you when you're travelling far. Spoken: (Hallelujah) friends, yes you too can own one, for only a dollar and ninety-eight cents (no COD's, please), Del Rio, Texas. (Hallelujah) And friends, if you send in this week two dollars and ninety-eight cents, you'll get, in addition to your Pink and Pleasant Plastic Icon, you'll get a gen-u-ine, stimulated, Pink, Plastic Baby Jesus Television Light for your television set, with a halo that glows and rotates, easing eye-strain, and bringing in better reception, and friends (no COD's, please), and friends, if you do send in for this, this week, without fail, and put in fifty cents extra for stamps, (hallelujah), you friends, will receive, every day next week a different, a different member of the Holy Family, with a halo that glows and rotates, a television light antenna. Imagine, friends, the envy of your neighbors when they come in to watch Mitch Miller at your house, and they see the en-tire Holy Family, sitting on top of your television set, with their halos glowing and rotating, easing eye-strain, and bringing in better reception. Friends and neighbors (hallelujah), what better place for a family altar than the top of your television set? Sung: You can buy a Sweet Madonna
Dressed in rhinestones sitting on a
Pedestal of abalone shell.
Goin' ninety, I'm not wary
'Cause I've got my Virgin Mary,
Guaranteeing I won't go to ****.
(All together now!) I don't care if it rains or freezes
's long as I've got my Plastic Jesus
Glued to the dashboard of my
*CLICK!*

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
D

Deleted member 8987

Sounds just like him when they sound like Flatt and Scruggs....

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
"I don't care if it rains or freezes,
'long as I got my plastic Jesus,
Ridin' on th' dashboard of my car..."

Brother had one he'd transfer to whatever car he owned at the time as a result of hearing and learning to play that song. He and a friend were a duo, did bar gigs. They called themselves "Lewd & Lascivious".