• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Posting a Video

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
How do you do it? I tried with no success. PJ

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Paul. use this icon (just to right of photo icon)
Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 3.30.39 PM.png

Also, remove the "s" from the "https"

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Thanks Elliot, I'll give it a try. I tried but it's an MP4 file. No workie! :rolleyes2:

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Hi Paul - I doubt you can post an MP4 to BCF. But if the MP4 is on another website page, you could just post the link to that website page.

Sounds like you're not trying to post a YouTube video link, which is easy to do. If you tell us the url (web page address) of the page that has the MP4, we might be able to talk you through it.

Tom M.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Tom it's a video a friend in California sent me, it's not important but would like to know how he sent it. I'll email him and ask.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Tom it's a video a friend in California sent me, it's not important but would like to know how he sent it. I'll email him and ask.

Next best, in this case, is to upload it to YouTube and then post a link to it.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
You can't upload a video here like you can with pictures. However, you can copy the address of a YouTube video and use the "Insert Video" icon in the editor to "post" a YouTube video:

1. From a YouTube video, click the "Share" icon on the lower right of the video, then copy the URL address of the video.

Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 5.05.46 PM.jpg

2. Click the "Insert Video" icon on the editor (looks like a piece of film):

Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 5.06.41 PM.jpg

3. When you get the Pop up window, paste the Video URL into the field provided and click OK

Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 5.06.50 PM.jpg

Then once the video "code" is pasted into the editor, type whatever text you want (above and/or below the code), then just post your message like normal and the video should be displayed in the post.

NOTE: You used to have to remove the "s" in "https" part of the address but now that I've made the BCF completely https compliant, you no longer need to do that - just paste the video URL exactly as it is copied from YouTube.

Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 5.07.04 PM.jpg