• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Firework photos

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
There is a country club about 10 blocks from me that puts them on.
user70056_pic15812_1562426737.jpg

user70056_pic15813_1562426737.jpg

user70056_pic15810_1562426479.jpg

user70056_pic15811_1562426737.jpg

Last edited:

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Hmm, I'm not getting the photos. Are they working for anyone else?

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Weird - there were two photo links in Greg's post about two hours ago. Now those links are gone.

Maybe he's changing the links?

TM

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Basil - here's the content of the BCF automated "new thread" email when Greg first posted:

There is a country club about 10 blocks from me that puts on a show.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Note that the above is the email notice. But the three links in the email notice aren't in Greg's #1 post above.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I keep getting, "invalid attachment specified"? PJ

OP
GregW

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
That is weird. I see them as well. I uploaded them to the photography section of the members groups on this forum. Maybe that's why only Basil and I can see them? I'll reload them directly into this thread to see if that fixes things.

donbmw

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
I see them on my Ipad.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
The links in Tom's post (which are the same ones I got before) don't work for me, either in his post or from the notification I got before.

But Greg's new links do work, so I'm happy. Thanks Greg! Nice photography, BTW.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
That is weird. I see them as well. I uploaded them to the photography section of the members groups on this forum. Maybe that's why only Basil and I can see them? I'll reload them directly into this thread to see if that fixes things.

a-HA! I'm betting that at first, you could only see the photos if you were in the Photography group.

Now that's you've uploaded them directly into this thread, I can see them. No more "invalid attachment" message.

Oh what tangled webs we weave, when we do practice to ... link to members-only areas!

Tom M.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I can see Greg's photo's just fine on my end and they look GREAT!

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I have never been able to capture fireworks photos like yours Greg. Great job.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I can see them now! :encouragement:

OP
GregW

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Thanks everyone. Bayless, these were 15 second exposures. I use a black card to cover the lens in between explosions to keep the background from overexposing. When I hear the mortars pop, I wait a second, then uncover the lens. Cover and repeat. I can do that a couple times per exposure depending on how many fireworks get launched.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Well Greg, I gues that explains why I can't get photos like that. I am a much simpler photographer than that.