• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

How do you mount a Facet fuel pump?

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
There is only a single stud on the body for mounting the fuel pump. How do you manage a sound-deadening mount to that? I have read on BCF that Facet pumps are a little noisy so probably need to be isolated from the body if possible. Car is an early '67 Sprite.

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
There is only a single stud on the body for mounting the fuel pump. How do you manage a sound-deadening mount to that? I have read on BCF that Facet pumps are a little noisy so probably need to be isolated from the body if possible. Car is an early '67 Sprite.

This is an old picture of my Bugeye, but you can see the bolt holes behind the passenger seat. I used 2 longer bolts and rubber grommets to mount and isolate the pump and it works well. Choose grommets that aren’t too hard and a good piece of adhesive backed rubber or sound deadener between the body and pump helps.
Rut

Attachments

• 19B7A8E5-2FCD-4528-92ED-921ECDA2BA66.jpg
    19B7A8E5-2FCD-4528-92ED-921ECDA2BA66.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 160

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
I used one of those Studs that are installed like a rivet, yes a RivNut to add a second spot for a bolt. RivNuts can be either a male or female depending on the application you need.

Joe Schlosser

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
I have a fascet on my 50 BE. Passenger side. Bolt between the two halves of the rear bulkhead assy.
No insulation or anything, I want to hear it running. When engine is on I cannot hear it but that is just my exhaust system.

OP
Bayless

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Thanks for the advice guys. My fat hand will just go into the access hole so I guess a second bolt is my answer then. Right now the body is still on the rotisserie so getting to it is not bad.

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
RivNut Tool $22.99 at Harbor Freight. Looks like a pop rivet gun. That’s what worked for me. And you always need an excuse for a new tool. No need to access the back side of the panel. Drill a hole, pop the RivNut into the home, squeeze with tool and Bob’s your Uncle. Job Done!

1974MGMidget

If the '67 is the same as a '74, there are two studs for mounting the fuel pump. One is on the sheetmetal that is 90* to the bulkhead. You can make a mount out of a piece of flat stock and mount the pump to that. I did that temporarily while waiting for the SU to be rebuilt. And, if the noise bothers you, you can mount it with rubber isolators. Sorry for the bad picture. Although, that rivnut tool looks pretty cool!
fuelpump2.jpgfuelpumpmount.jpg

OP
Bayless

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Actually it does have that second stud and I was trying to think of a way to use both. All my ideas were a whole lot more complicated though. And the Rivnut tool does look interesting too. I'll get something done this weekend and report back.

OP
Bayless

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
BlueMax, your looks like a beautiful engineering job. I finally went a little simpler along the lines of 74MGMidget. Built a bracket using the original studs and ordered some rubber mounts from Amazon. Here it is.
FuelPump4.jpg
Yes, I forgot to get the photo until removing it from the rotisserie and had to crawl under for this one.

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Hey that works as well. Nice Job.