• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hi All, new to the forum.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Hey neighbour, I'm in Etobicoke - I would siphon the tank, take it to a hazardous waste dump, and then drop and check the tank. This assuming it is old gas. If it is new gas then there are water displacement products. Of course if there is too much water you are back to solution A

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I'll take "Towns that are hard to pronounce," for $300, Alex. :angel2:

sheesh - furriners. :rolleyes:

actually we are in Long Branch - yes, named after Long Branch New Joisey. Is that easier? :grin:

and like Mississippi Mississauga is pronounced like it is spelled. :smile:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
sheesh - furriners. :rolleyes:

actually we are in Long Branch - yes, named after Long Branch New Joisey. Is that easier? :grin:

and like Mississippi Mississauga is pronounced like it is spelled. :smile:

Wasn't Long Branch the saloon in Gunsmoke, where "Miss Kitty" worked?

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
And I live near Intercourse (PA).... you knew what it was, now you know where it is :rolleye:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
You started it, Boss! :smirk:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I merely stated the facts :rolleye:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Yeah but that place ain't hard to pronounce!
Nope, I’m taking the high road on this one and showing restraint.
Back to our original poster errant from north of the border, welcome to the British Car Forum!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Nope, I’m taking the high road on this one and showing restraint.
Back to our original poster errant from north of the border, welcome to the British Car Forum!

Oh yeah - welcome to BCF errant! To add to JP's suggestion, if you drop the tank after draining, check for rust and, if present, take your tank to be professionally chemically cleaned out and possibly have it coated with a good gas tank coating. I had my Jag tank done because, when it had developed a pretty good amount of rust. If you've had water in the tank sitting for a long period, there's a good chance you have rust as well. Most radiator shops around here will also clean out gas tanks.

Basil

Country flag
Hi, and welcome! Good advice above, good luck!