• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Musical groups I had forgotten about.

catfood

Jedi Knight
First concert I ever went to although they were very uncool even when current.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
and I had likewise forgotten - thanks for the memory

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Found the albums. How many computer formats will still work in 40 to 50 years time? The albums still play if you can find a turntable.
SKY albums.jpg

I have always had diverse musical tastes. I found Janice Joplin and Gordon Giltrap amongst the albums when I was looking for the SKY albums. In fact a friend once asked how someone could listen to all these different types of music as they went through my album stack.

David

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
I had never heard of them. Thanks for sharing. Pretty good stuff.

I never heard of this group either. "Pretty good stuff" for a 300 year old composition. How much of today's music will people be playing 300 years from now?? I don't know, but there's a good possibility that Bach will still be played.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Found the albums. How many computer formats will still work in 40 to 50 years time? The albums still play if you can find a turntable.

David

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
That was fun Art, she's a really talented picker.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Dang, Tina's left hand looked like the proverbial spastic spider.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag

YakkoWarner

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
That was fun. How about a little Beethoven done by Tina S...I guess you'd call this shredding...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6rBK0BqL2w

Woah! That is some epic guitar action. Technique and precision and she looked almost bored while doing it. She makes it LOOK effortless. I bought a guitar 2-3 years ago and still can barely play ONE song on it.

I always liked the Eric Calderone guy on youtube that does metal arrangements of movie/TV/game theme songs as well...

Metal version of LET IT GO from Frozen that should have been used in the film in my opinion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usPoug7NcZo

YakkoWarner

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
And I reply to myself - just watched Tina's Comfortably Numb video - video'd when she was only 15! And then youtube queue'd up her playing IRON MAIDEN at 16!! I am in awe and humbled......

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
If I had fingers like that, I could play the 3rd movement from the Moonlight as well. NOT! We had 21 ukulele players last night, some good some mediocre, plus an electric bass ukulele for rhythm. He was a wise guy. Slipped in the bass line for the Beatles "Come Together" and we all tried to follow. I can play the first few bars of the Moonlight on the piano. Ditto the Pathetique. End of classical playing.

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
The Sky video originally mentioned, I swear it was in the soundtrack to an (80s?) movie. I thought maybe Highlander, but that didn't check out.