• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello Everyone Or Anyone -

Gallagher

Freshman Member
Country flag
Just saying, don't know what to say. As of now I'm a retired Real Property Appraiser (boring). In the late 60's I worked at the Triumph Motorcle Ware House, crates sent out from Baltimore Harbour. Rode Triumphs and Harleys for 40 years. Too many places to remember. In the 70's also had a '65' Big Healey (dashboard caught on fire) so traded it for a 64 1/2 Sprite. Believe me I liked it better! Really did! Drilled pin size holes in the distributor, no condensation and it was unstopable, even in the snow, lose my keys and could hot start it with the metal side of chewing gum wrapper. True, try it sometime.
Skipping along I owned a bar in a 300+ slip marina on Rock Creek Maryland. Then it became boats (Olds. Rocket 455cu. Donzi jet) and others.
Moved to Ft. Lauderdale and fell in love with a woman whose father owned a hotel in the U.S.V.I's (St. Croix). Moved and one month later hurricane 'David' blew the hotel down, she left, I stayed for years and opened another bar. In truth it was a dump saloon, no tourists, only natives allowed or really no tourist would ever want to come in. Cool.
Came back north to Baltimore, got a liver transplant 2002 G'town U. Hospital.
So now I'm 70, I like to stay home at night, no late night parties, go to sleep early, no drinking for 36 years. All my childhood punishments have now become my adult goals. I drive my silver and burgundy very good conditioned BugEye tagged (HIOSLVR) as
much as I can and mind my own buisness, always something needs fixin. If anyone read all this - Thanks, Gallagher

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome your life sounds like a Country and Western or Jimmy Buffet song! glad to have you with us.

dklawson

Yoda
Welcome to the board.

We used to get up to Columbia, MD frequently but all the family has died off or moved away. It's a nice area but boy has it become crowded!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
welcome your life sounds like a Country and Western or Jimmy Buffet song! glad to have you with us.

Exactly! Welcome to BCF Gallagher - sounds like you've led quite the storied life! We have a great and active "Spidgets" forum for discussion of all things BugEye! Hope you will hang around a while and maybe make a few new friends.

OP
G

Gallagher

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi Doug-
If you ever get up here again please stop by. I live in "The Cove Condominiums" maybe you remember it? Built @ 1969 about 15 yards off Wilde Lake. Gotten too crowded, but it's so quiet where I am nothing but geese, turtles, ducks, snakes and even a few Eagles. Have a geezer that blows a bugle at daybreak. He's really good but I can sleep right thru it. Columbia proverb: "No one ever dies in Columbia, they just move to The Cove".

OP
G

Gallagher

Freshman Member
Country flag
I want to very much! Not too good with computers, I wish they ran on gasoline, but I'll learn. I do hope to make some fine new friends.

OP
G

Gallagher

Freshman Member
Country flag
​Great Pumpkin did you hear? Bunch of Jimmy Buffet Parrot Heads recently got sick or sickest at Buffet concert in Dominican Republic? They were at some swim up too pool bar.