• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New "wallpaper"

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Shot this Saturday, got interrupted by rain as I was changing out the oil cooler lines. Thought it looked good enuff to take the photo. Those lines are a BEAR to R&R! Specially modified wrenches to do it, too.

wetDiesela.jpg

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Great photo - you are giving the boss a run for his money!

I love the w123. Beautiful and simple at the same time - and incredible quality. But the repair complexity scares me, I must admit!!

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
This one's a five-pot diesel, the lines are attached to the oil filter housing. Cooler is aluminum, including the fittings... the fittings at the filter require a thin 24MM open end to secure the brass in the housing. All in all a fiddly job. Had to cut the nut on the bottom of a shock damper to remove it, along with the left engine mount and jack the engine up about three inches.

The whole thing would qualify as a: "Don't try this trick at home"!