• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Speedi-sleeve p/n needed

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
My left rear tire is leaving a tell-tale oily footprint on the garage floor and it is obviously time to inspect and probably resleeve the hub. Does anyone have the sleeve p/n--this for a 12/54 mid-production (222333) BN1?

OP
Michael Oritt

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Steve--

Sorry, my brain was not fully engaged, but yes a sleeve for the axle tip bearing surface is what I seek. I have never had to address leaks from the 100's rear axle since buying it 20 years ago but on the Elva Courier, which uses a Morris Minor rear axle housing, leaks always come from this bearing surface which no doubt gets a lot more wear due to the strains of racing.

steveg

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Steve--

Sorry, my brain was not fully engaged, but yes a sleeve for the axle tip bearing surface is what I seek. I have never had to address leaks from the 100's rear axle since buying it 20 years ago but on the Elva Courier, which uses a Morris Minor rear axle housing, leaks always come from this bearing surface which no doubt gets a lot more wear due to the strains of racing.

Maybe BCS or Healey Surgeons would have them in stock or would know the measurement. Otherwise they're sold by measurement. Won't know if you need one until you examine the sealing surface. Maybe the seal is just old.

OP
Michael Oritt

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I pulled the left axle shaft today and found to my amazement that there was no paper gasket between the inner face of the axle flange and the hub. I installed new brake shoes a year or so ago and cannot believe that I left out the paper gasket. I am also amazed that the leak did not appear sooner. In any case a gasket is now in place and the leak is gone. Maybe I need to check the right side....

F Schreiber

I dont' know the p/n but if you get on the S/K site that have a list for some cars, and if it doesn't have any Healey, then its easy to measure the shaft and pick it off the S/K chart, same web site. Once you do it, its pretty easy for next - different job. You just have to make sure you get it pushed on the right distance so the seal lip is on the surface of the sleeve, ( seal or sleeve pushed far enough but not too far..

OP
Michael Oritt

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Steve--

Yes, I did use Hylomar.