• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Pesky seagulls ...

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Let's see. Up in Maine for holiday. Bought a good ol' lobster roll for lunch. Thought I'd hold the lobster roll and take a perfect New England photo of a light house and my lunch.

What could possibly go wrong?

seagull.jpg

oops

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2019/06/09/seagull-lobster-roll-photo

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
timing is everything! great pic. :smile: In other news I was at McDonalds yesterday and someone was taking pictures of her ice cream cone - why do you need pics of an ice cream cone? :rolleyes:

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Worst pests ever. Hated them when I worked the Marinas on the Mississippi near St. Louis. Get a kick out of the black boat canvases with the big white spots on them from the gulls and egrets.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Daughter and I participated Sunday in annual Summer Bird Count. We had part of the shore area. Saw 10 Herring Gulls and one Great Black-Backed Gull. All the usual Ring-Bills were breeding up in the Toronto area. Those are the ones hanging around fast-food parking lots. Tom's thief looks like a Herring Gull - fearless. Many lobster shacks such as Abbott's In The Rough in Noank, CT string overheard wires across the outdoor tables to keep the gulls away.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
There is a monument to California Gulls in Salt Lake City. They ate thousands of locusts and saved the crops some years ago.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
There is a monument to California Gulls in Salt Lake City. They ate thousands of locusts and saved the crops some years ago.