• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello to all

jimmyz

Freshman Member
Hello all, Jimmie here...I hail from the big little town of Howey in the Hills Florida, a fresh water fishing paradise. I am the son of my late all around mechanical father RL... he was one of those that can listen to almost any car and tell you what was wrong.
I inherited my mechanical aptitude from him, however I never pursued it as employment.
I have owned numerious cars and light trucks of foreign and domestic makes. My first car in 1986 was a 1974 VW Super Beetle, then an early VW Rabbit, a 1988 Isuzu Impulse, a little Ford Ranger and now daily driving a 2000 Ford F150.
I also had the great pleasure of my first cycle being and early 70s BSA motorcycle bike, my second was a 1988 Honda Shadow 750, followed by a 2000 Harley Davidson Dyna FXD, and I now ride a 2008 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic.
I recently acquired from a dying neighbor, a running at the time 1980 TR7. However, it sat for a year or two and only runs for a few minutes at a time before shutting off. After skimming around the internet and researching, I believe I must rebuild the two Stromberg carburetors, as they have began dumping fuel into the air cleaner and also the evaporator canisters.
Hoping to find some help and guidence for my little car somewhere around here in the forums....
Anyways, just wanted to say hello and get me story out, thanks for taking the time to read

Jimmie

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to BCF Jimmie! When I saw your town on your registration, at first I thought it was a joke so had to look it up to see it's an actual place! You will get plenty of help here in our Triumph forum.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome! sounds like a lovely project. If you want, PM me your email and I have a Haynes stromberg book in pdf form. cheers!

OP
J

jimmyz

Freshman Member
Welcome to BCF Jimmie! When I saw your town on your registration, at first I thought it was a joke so had to look it up to see it's an actual place! You will get plenty of help here in our Triumph forum.
Thank you so much Basil, and no jokes here other than my lack of knowledge for this little car, and of posting in forums. They are both first for me, however I will try to catch on!