• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A run in the hills , nice day

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
Our local club (UBSCC) took a run through the hills around Placerville & Volcano CA yesterday. We left at 9:15am, and got home at 5pm. Lots of stops and an excellent lunch in Volcano. I don't know how many miles we went but there were 12 cars. I had two cars on the run. A TR3 and my Austin Healey BJ8. Both went the same miles, same speed. At the end we filled up with gas. The TR3 burned 6 gal and the Austin Healey used 10 gal. I did not figure actual mileage in either car but the comparison was interesting. Both cars do very well in the hills. You can drive in 4th up the hills if you want. Beautiful day.
Jerry

OP
J

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
Pictures are on other peoples phones. I usually don't take my camera out. I will ask for some copies.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
I had to chuckle on this one. I know about 50 people who use their smartphones almost constantly. They take gazillions of pictures, but never move them from the phone to a public website.

So ... to see any of the pictures, the owner has to pull them up, (usually scroll through dozens of photos), then show me the photo on the small screen of the phone.

I recently had a student at Sturbridge, who said he had just watched Lawrence of Arabia as an assignment from his film class. He said he wasn't impressed at all. I asked what he thought of the vast desert landscapes, the charging armies, the mountains and valleys, etc.

His reply: it was hard to see them on my phone.

oy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
As said before, there will soon be a Pulitzer for a cellphone image. "Right time, right place" is inevitable.

Meanwhile, hope to see some of the pix from the run.

OP
J

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
Just got an email from a lady that was standing on the side of the boondocks road fixing a fence as we drove by. She was waving like crazy. She owns an Austin Healey and wants to know about the club. Our club has runs everywhere around Sacramento so we would get into her area about twice a year. Nice to see the interest in our old cars.
Jerry