• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A TRip report 2019

TexasKnucklehead

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I haven't posted for some time. I think the last was over a year ago when my front wheel bearing seized on the other side of Memphis en route back to Houston.

We took a Sunday drive in the TR3 last week. We left Houston at 7:30pm Wednesday evening and drove 12 hours to my brother-in-laws in Tennessee. We spent the day (and night) with him before driving another 8.5 hours to Bedford Va. Friday night we attended my nephews family pre-wedding dinner (He got married, this time, not us). And Saturday we attended his wedding. "Butter" was chosen to be be featured in their wedding pictures, some taken by a drone.

The Sunday drive was to my niece's post-wedding-brunch. Her place backs up to the Blue Ridge Parkway. The drive was awesome as well as the drive from her place to the freeway. After that, we headed back to Tennessee, spent the night, and headed back to Houston in the morning. We were home by 12:30am Tuesday because we stopped in Nacogdoches, Tx (a place I always have to recheck the spelling) for dinner.

We drove 2,500 "uneventful" miles with about 43 hours behind the wheel. The only problem was when it started raining (the umpteenth time) and I turned on the wipers, they didn't. Pulling onto the shoulder and wiggling the wires in the rain had no effect, so I drove wiperless to the nearest covered gas station. They turned on fine under the cover, and worked the rest of the way home.

I have yet to relax from the TRip, but my wife and I loved every second. When we pulled into the garage she said "we have, once again, cheated death".
Cheers,
Jer

Attachments

• BiggestParkingLotInTown.jpg
    BiggestParkingLotInTown.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 171

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
Awesome...been waiting for one of your road trips! I’m always excited when I drive mine around town for a day...meanwhile you’re always taking yours thousands of miles...

sp53

Yoda
Country flag
Glad to hear from you Tex, N. I wondered where you have been. Your traveling stories are the best, and the long trip is a testament of your mechanical confidence and skill of keeping her going--- plus pure adventure. I could not believe when you drove up here to the town of Home—that is a road trip! Speaking of trips, are you old enough to wear that shirt?
steve

STeve 1958

Jedi Hopeful
That took guts, or you've got a special car.
My longest trip was from my house to my office. about 2-1/2 miles, without having to service the car. yeah