• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello!

BritCars4KGM

Freshman Member
My name is Keith and i've been collecting British cars since the early 1980's. My first car was a complete basket case (I didnt even know if all the part were there) 1960 MGA 1600. I did a complete restoration on the car. It has been a driver (as all my cars are) but back in 1987 it did win 1st Place at NAMGAR's GT 12 in Seattle. In about 1986 I found a 1955 MGTF 1500 in the SF Bay area and purchased it from the original owner. It has sat for 30 years in my garage or shop and I began working on it around 2016, more seriously in the last 2 years. It is currently a complete rolling chassis with zero body work done. The body is next. Next I purchased a 1967 MGB GT "Special" in 2015. I put the MGTF on hold while I did a comprehensive upgrade to the car. The only things I didnt rebuild were the engine, transmission and rear pumpkin. Otherwise, if it could be renewed or replaced I did it. It is now a driver. At around 2014 I purchased a 1969 MGC. I trailered it home from New Jersey and cleaned it up. It is now an unrestored driver and I have plans to restore it in the future. Most recently I purchased a 1955 Austin Healey 100-4 BN1 and a 1959 AH Sprite from the estate of a car collector who bought various cars and then he stashed them in a series of barns, dowble wide mobile homes, metal storage buildings, etc. To my knowledge he never drove them or serviced them. The 100-4 was in a barn for 45-50 years. I'm in the process of cleaning them up and evaluating them. I'll keep the 100-4 (It'll need A LOT of work) but the Sprite will be sold. I've joined the Forum to help (I have lots of MG background) and be helped (I have zero AH background). Keith

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to BCF Keith! Glad to have you aboard! You will find lots of comrades and help (and be able to give help) in the MG and Healey forums here! If you have any questions, shoot me a PM.

Basil