• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Teller speaks!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I was browsing some YouTube videos, when I came upon something unexpected. As you know, YouTube videos almost always have some advertisement at the beginning. One common advertisement is for "Master Classes." For example, in one ad, Ron Howard talks about a Master Class for directing, etc. Well, today I started a video that had one of those Master Class ads at the beginning, but this one was for a Master Class in magic. Who was conducting the master class but Penn and Teller. Now, if you;ve ever seen Penn and Teller, you know that Teller never ever speaks. So as I was watching this ad for the magic master class, I was surprised when, mid-way through the video, Teller starts talking! It was weird hearing him talking about magic.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
He's talked on the "Big Bang Theory",As Amy's Father.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
He's talked on the "Big Bang Theory",As Amy's Father.

I didn’t know that (but then I’ve never watched that show). This ad was the first time I’d ever heard him. I assumed he could speak but always thought he was doing the Harpo bit.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
What did he say; abracadabra? :smile:

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
The first time I remember hearing him (and thinking oh, so that's what he sounds like) was back in the eighties when he guest starred on an episode of Miami Vice.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
The first time I remember hearing him (and thinking oh, so that's what he sounds like) was back in the eighties when he guest starred on an episode of Miami Vice.

I had no idea he ever spoke in public. I always assumed he was doing like Harpo Marx (I've heard one recording of an old radio program where Harpo spoke)

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
If I recall, he has directed a couple things (TV?) and he talks about those projects.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
On the You Tube adverts I have noticed that if I watch them on my laptop using the Opera browser I do not get the adverts at the beginning but if I watch on mt tablet I always get an advert that I have to dismiss after several seconds. Can't seem to get Opera to work on the tablet.

David