• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What's for dinner?

Aluminum pie! Lol. How's it going guys? Been a while. Just catching you all up... quick version... I got started tearing down my MGB a few years ago, then went through a divorce. Got remarried (will be a year ago in july). Just got started back on my v8 project. Not sure if the pic will load here, but I have a few pics on the FB group MGB V8 Conversions. I'm cleaning up the Olds 215 block, and realized I have a Buick 300 crank here that's already been machined to fit. So I guess I'm stroking it. Been eyeballing some m90 superchargers on FB marketplace. Haven't decided if I might go that route yet. I'd love to have about 250hp or more, and the supercharger would just add to the cool factor. I have most of the removable panels from the car and the front suspension here in my garage, but I still have to get the chassis moved here so I can start body work.

What's on your plate?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1559392106392.jpg
    FB_IMG_1559392106392.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 40

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Great to see you again, Kenny! When you'r done you be able to blow the doors off - your own MGB! :applause: Are you still in the same general area in AL?

OP
kennypinkerton
Yes. I used to live 30 miles southwest of Tuscaloosa, now I live about 20 miles northwest of Tuscaloosa. Lol.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Good to see ya, Kenny!

You need to come up to Townsend for the British V8/V6 gathering this fall. Sept. 26-29 at the Talley Ho Inn. Great chance to meet a bunch of misfits with various iterations of conversions. I'll be posting info later about the meet, but here's a link to some of the discussion and some pictures from last year's:

http://forum.britishv8.org/read.php?10,62312

Mickey

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Welcome back, Kenny. :cheers:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Hiya Kenny!! Are ya gonna put a pink wire somewhere in that thing?!? :wink:

Cheese chili dogs grilled on th' Webber and some home made navy bean soup planned here.

I hope you're on high ground up there!

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
And I thought that this was another old post awakened.
WELCOME back!