• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Need email program for club notices

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
group,
Our club of about 120 people needs an email program to send out club notices. We have had one person doing it by batches so it does not get marked by spam. Does anyone use a program for this purpose?
We don't want the recipients to reply to the list.
we want about 3 people to be able to send things out to the list.
we do not need data on who opened the email or when.

There must be something out there but we keep finding commercial programs that are too complicated.

Jerry

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Hi Jerry. I've been using Google Groups email for over ten years, for our air museum crew as well as our farmers/gardeners at Sturbridge Village.

Basically, you create the Group. You add members' email addresses (doesn't matter if they're gmail addresses or no). You decide who can send messages (just the manager, or everyone on the list, or a select sub-group). All messages are kept on the Group's archive page, which can be private or public. Members can get individual emails from the group, or just use the archive page to read and reply to messages.

You can mark the members "receive only" so they can't reply if that's what you prefer.

It's the old-fashioned "list serv" system - but with a modern interface. No cost.

One requirement: the person creating the group has to have a gmail address.

https://groups.google.com/

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any questions.
Tom m.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
My server set me up for SCCA mailing for 100 people at a time, might check with them.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
We use Google Groups as well for our local club. It's been rock solid, no issues. I wanted something I wasn't going to have to think about, and it's been exactly what we needed.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
We use Google Groups as well for our local club. It's been rock solid, no issues. I wanted something I wasn't going to have to think about, and it's been exactly what we needed.

Same here!
:encouragement: