Thread: Slight change to the Registry Forms access

Forum to discuss Austin Healey Sports Cars

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Slight change to the Registry Forms access

Those of you who have been here for awhile, know that I had the AH Registry forms above password protected so that you had to enter a guest user name and a password to access the forums. This was to prevent "bots" from access the forms and spamming the registrar with junk. Unfortunately, when I recently moved the site to "https" (secure), those password-protected forms could no longer be accessed via the links provided. (I have been unable so far to figure out why). So, until I can figure that out, I have changed the access to the forms so that you won't even see the form links unless you are registered and logged into the forums. (This will also prevent "bots" from seeing the forms).

Regards,
    Basil
    “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” - Oscar Wilde

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Re: Slight change to the Registry Forms access

UPDATE: I spent a couple hours today working on the Healey Registration Links and viola! I have it fixed (I hope). Now, any "human" can enter the user name and password to enter the registration forms and register their car (The user name and password are listed at the top of the registry forms links). You no longer need to be a BCF member to register your Healey (but I really hope if you're not a member you will consider joining - help us stay on the web for a while longer)
    “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” - Oscar Wilde