• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A little game

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
What is the significance of this picture? I will answer yes or no questions.
Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 10.49.48 AM.jpeg

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Does it have anything to do with email?

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Direct email to the Kremlin?

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Is it located at MIT in the 60s?

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Email network for government workers?

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Think early history, before there was the Internet as we know it ...

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Does it have anything to do with email?

Elliot - how the heck did you guess there's an email connection just ten minutes after Basil posted the photo???

Inquiring Minds Want to Know!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Email number 1?
Kinda like "Mr. Watson--come here--I want to see you."

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Elliot - how the heck did you guess there's an email connection just ten minutes after Basil posted the photo???

Inquiring Minds Want to Know!
This pic appears to be an "office setting" and not a "computer room". Usually from that era you see a massive array of computers all lined up, so I figured it had to be something to do with interoffice communication.

YakkoWarner

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
That looks like an early PDP machine - possibly the first commercial installation of a PDP machine (email connection would be that UNIX was developed largely on PDP series machines in parallel with the C programming language itself)

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
That looks like an early PDP machine - possibly the first commercial installation of a PDP machine (email connection would be that UNIX was developed largely on PDP series machines in parallel with the C programming language itself)

Warmer