• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Boeing 737 Max 8

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Speaking of the Max 8, I opened my "Flightradar24" app on my iPhone earlier today just to see what was flying around near my home and saw there was a Max 8 (not under any commercial banner, but just "Boeing") flying from Seattle (Boeing HQ) to San Antonio. My guess is there was testing going on by Boeing engineers.

IMG_4398.jpg

IMG_4399.jpg

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Hopefully no strange elevation changes. :wink-new:

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Thanks for posting that screencap. I did some searching for the B38M (737Max8) and found it's currently still flying for Thomson/TUI as well as for Boeing flight. Thomson TUI is a British charter/low-cost airline. For some reason I'd thought all the 737Max8s are grounded except for testing.

https://flightaware.com/live/aircrafttype/B38M

yikes

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Thanks for posting that screencap. I did some searching for the B38M (737Max8) and found it's currently still flying for Thomson/TUI as well as for Boeing flight. Thomson TUI is a British charter/low-cost airline. For some reason I'd thought all the 737Max8s are grounded except for testing.

https://flightaware.com/live/aircrafttype/B38M

yikes

I suspect any over US are by Boeing anf for testing. I thought they has all been grounded except testing too, but maybe that's only in US?

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Hopefully this works. Listed this AM. Pretty sure that's were 1 of the storage areas are .
They are producing them at about 35 a month...so there are 737 maxes all over the place

737.jpg

catfood

Jedi Knight
TUI have grounded their 737s like everyone else ( I work for TUI ). Its costing us a fortune having to lease replacements. Not sure who will end up paying. It will probably end up going through the courts.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I doubt the airlines will sue
They'll work that out differently
Now the public...different matter