• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Tornado Missed Us--But Very Close

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Lost some large old trees, no building damage, but a very scary event:scared:! The house buffeted for a few minutes but no damage, it was wind from the outer edge of it. Lots of damage close to us, roofs gone etc. I've heard of no injures yet (fingers crossed for the best). Floods everywhere, fortunately we live in a higher elevation than a lot of folks. Records have been set everywhere for water elevation and overflowing lakes. A large tree is laying across our lane so I can't get out to see who's been affected by this mess. Chainsaw time to open the lane up, when the rain stops! :grief:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Glad all are ok and no major damage. Back when we lived in Illinois, we had a tornado rip through the edge of town just a few blocks from our house. Luckily it only felled a bunch of trees in the woods on the edge of town, but from the path it cut, you could tell it had some serious power. Don't miss not living in tornado ally.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I saw the weather was pretty bad up your way Paul. We had a lot of rain and wind, and a couple of tornadoes touched down near us but nothing near enough to do much damage.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
We had an EF1 touchdown down here on Sunday about 20 miles from us.
The local TV station was urging everyone to take shelter. Fortunately we were just outside the zone of the twister.... this time.

Country flag
Glad you didn't have home damage. 20 years ago I had one go by about 100 yards away. Didn't realize what it was in the dark so sleepy and clueless, I was standing at the window. Fortunately, nothing more than a couple shingles lost but when I saw the overhead map of the path and realized how close it came, thanked my lucky stars.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Less than a mile away, roofs off, buildings tore up and you can't count the amount of trees down, floods and evacuations everywhere and the water is still rising! Fortunately we live in a higher elevation. PJ

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
We had an EF1 touchdown down here on Sunday about 20 miles from us.
The local TV station was urging everyone to take shelter. Fortunately we were just outside the zone of the twister.... this time.

Checked on pals a bit north of Allentown, lots of storm activity but no damage. Looks like another wave from the west is due shortly tho. Same as us for hurricanes: "hunker down!"

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I'm sure you have seen the news about the flooding situation here, the Arkansas river runs through Tulsa and is above flood stage, further south there are whole villages with water touching the eves on the homes, total devastation! So may people have lost everything they own. One lake is 48 feet above normal and they had to open the gates to keep the dam safe, worst of all, the rains are still coming down further north. Many roads and bridges are closed due to flooding and fast moving water. I've never seen anything like it. I really feel for the folks that have lost everything. Hard to imagine loosing everything you worked a lifetime for, some of the older folks will never rebuild. So very sad. We lost some trees in the storm but no building damage, my neighbor lost 45 trees and a building, the tornado swept right through his place.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Paul, let us know how things are going up your way. We have some flooding down here but nothing serious yet.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Spoke with a fella yesterday and he told me they evacuated Webber Falls, Interstate 40, all residents had to leave, shelters are set up in other areas. They were very blunt when they told the folks they had to leave, they said anyone who refuses to leave to write their name and age on their arm with indelible ink, so their body can be identified when found! They got their point across.

Country flag
Serious overnight storms just north of here from Indiana through to central Ohio. Reported up to 5m without power. And they had to use snowplows to move debris off I75 through Dayton Ohio. One reported death so far, hoping it doesn't increase any further.

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
The Ohio storms pictures look really bad, I don't know what the most terror inducing natural disasters to live through would be, tornado, earthquake, volcano? Hope I never find out, but where I live tornado is most likely.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Paul, I heard about the Webber Falls evacuation. The rate of release at Keystone dam is at 275,000 gallons a second right now. The flooding up your way is just unbelievable. I think it might top the flooding in 86.

Glemon, I've been through three good sized tornadoes, they aren't fun.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Walter, is Fletcher high and dry, hopefully? Fortunately we are well above any flood stage. :encouragement:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Unprecedented weather "out there" and you're all in my thoughts. As well as dear friends in eastern PA.

We get plenty of warning with hurricanes, we can prep as well as possible. A tornado and associated weather is something a bomb shelter would be best.

Stay low, friends.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Paul, so far so good. A couple of nights ago we got between 3" and 4" of rain in just about half an hour. The roads looked like waterways and the bar ditches overflowed, it drained off overnight though. This spring we've had some truly impressive thunder heads, massive ones that put out lights shows that'd humble ILM, and a few little tornadoes down this way but nothing bad.